Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to run anywhere from 400-500rwhp turboed on my 4.6L 2v. I'm looking at a total performance block w/ cobra crank, eagle forged rods, forged pistons (forgot the make) for $3199. I'm also buying a T56 and a turbo kit from them, so they would throw in a discount. Has anyone ran a block from them? What other companies put good blocks together? All help is appreciated.

Alex

BTW: I'm new to these forums. They look like great forums!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? come on there has to be someone here with a new block and internals!

if me or my question is/was dumb, just yell at me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dude.....check with Tim Broth.......he has some great prices.
I think he comes on here as cobrakiller

Pat

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do, thanks for the info
Alex

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alex,
Brad is a good guy!He's building my 88mm kit for my 2v,but I spent a Ton on a SHM Billet Race Motor!:jawdrop
Kaz...........

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I got mine built local so its hard to say about anyone elses motors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm probably gonna go total performance, I've heard nothing but good things about Brad. I'm only going to run a T64 at most, so I won't need a billit block, forged will do I'm sure. Thanks for all the info! Now I just gotta start saving.
Alex

Man Kaz I see you in every forum! Post your numbers when you get that 88mm running! That thing is gonna FLY.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alex,
I can give you a SMOKIN DEAL on my T-76 X-Trim!Brad has it at the shop waiting for it's new Daddy!It's brand new never run and has a Custom Polish Job by one of the best polisher in Cali!
Kaz..............:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kaz, check your email

·
Registered
331 Posts
Man, at that hp level, you really don't have much to worry about.

If it were 900hp, OK. Any local shop with the torq plates for a 4.6L could do it.

I *have* seen some bad stuff about TP, have one of their customers sending me email (pissed off) and a pic of a Y pipe from them that looks like my 9yr old son welded it.

Just FYI...you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Induction Concepts said:
Man, at that hp level, you really don't have much to worry about.

If it were 900hp, OK. Any local shop with the torq plates for a 4.6L could do it.

I *have* seen some bad stuff about TP, have one of their customers sending me email (pissed off) and a pic of a Y pipe from them that looks like my 9yr old son welded it.

Just FYI...you get what you pay for.
Rad, many of us have heard and seen some tremendous things from/about Brad.

Being a competitor, you should know better then to come on boards and badmouth any of your competitors. It does not make you look good in anyones eyes.

When you have a Turbo that is not in the development stages for the Modular engines, we'll be the judge.

Brad promised a kit, and has delivered a kit, and he is a nice person to boot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rad,
I have to agree with Calypso!You have a pic of a half way mocked up kit on your site!Who, when ,and were is your stuff?I had and changed my kit with Brad from a T-76 to a 88mm on a 2v.Is it ready yet?No but when it's the first of it's kind as you should know that it's not built in one week!I wish you luck but talking smack is not gonna Win you any New customers.
Kaz......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree it's not cool to be baggin on someone, but he didn't answer my question. A simple "One customer of mine is having trouble with their Y-pipe" would have worked. Thanks for the info though, I'll be sure to check it out before installing.
Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to 'bag' him. I have heard good stuff about him personally and they way he helps his customers. I personally have sent him customers also...people who called and wanted something 'right now' or wanted a single kit because I have heard the same things you guys have.

But the question was asked. I was just trying to give YOU GUYS info, not slam a competitor. What I mentioned was not some 'hear-say', but first hand info I personally have. Would you rather me not say anything and something similar happen to you?

If you read the posts I make on here, it's as a modular enthusiast, a fellow hot rodder, not someone plugging their products. I ask questions and when I see posts that I might know the answer or have some info, I reply and try to help.

It wasn't about Brad. It also wasn't just a crappy Y pipe. He said the whole kit was like that and that, and he had been waiting 3 months and only had about half the kit.

Again, I'm not trying to 'bag' anyone. I have replied to a couple of posts that LodBot has asked and tried to help him or keep him from wasting money where not necessary. First and foremost I am a hotrodder and watch out for my friends. I enjoy this board and all of the users here, so please don't lump me in that 'he's slamming all his competitors' pile with the rest. That is not why I'm here.

That is also not how I do business.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
like I said, you answered my question, so don't worry about it ;) If you wanted to, you coulda done a lot worse too. Something like "Brad's kits are the biggest POS there are, the DAMN Y-Pipe had HORRIBLE welds blah blah blah" Anyway, thanks for he input and good luck with that TT!

·
Registered
331 Posts
EXACTLY. That wasn't my intent...just giving you some info I had.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what internals should I run if I'm planning on 500-550rwhp?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice! I was worried I might have to upgrade to billit rods.

Kaz, did you get my email?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.