Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had thought of plates similar to what you have done, but wasn't sure if it would work. Have you noticed any adverse affects? Any leaks?
Do you think a bullit intake would fit under a stock hood using those plates.
It would probably work for the 5.4 4v and a cobra intake ... Or the 03 cobra blower manifold. oooh the possiblities lol.

I had thought of using a composite material to try to cut down on heat transfer to the intake it was in the thought stage only but now I see it works in aluminum hmmm...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had mine on for about 7k miles with no problems noticed. Yes, there are lots of possibilities...LOL My 5.4 might be wearing a '96-98 Cobra intake someday..... I don't know if the Bullitt is taller than a stock intake or not, sorry. I've thought about using different materials too and found that I can buy a phenolic material in 1-1/2" thick sheets (same thickness as my alum. version), problem is that since the intake manifold and coil packs bolt down to the adapters you have to at least helicoil all the holes, and I don't know if that would take the torque from the intake so you would then have to bury something in the adapter from the backside to take the torque from the bolt. Didn't feel like messing with all that....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are those your 5.4 intake adapters featured in the Nov. 5.0 issue ?
If it is you, are you going to produce them for sale ?

TurboX2 said:
I've had mine on for about 7k miles with no problems noticed. Yes, there are lots of possibilities...LOL My 5.4 might be wearing a '96-98 Cobra intake someday..... I don't know if the Bullitt is taller than a stock intake or not, sorry. I've thought about using different materials too and found that I can buy a phenolic material in 1-1/2" thick sheets (same thickness as my alum. version), problem is that since the intake manifold and coil packs bolt down to the adapters you have to at least helicoil all the holes, and I don't know if that would take the torque from the intake so you would then have to bury something in the adapter from the backside to take the torque from the bolt. Didn't feel like messing with all that....

·
Registered
155 Posts
GT281 said:
Are those your 5.4 intake adapters featured in the Nov. 5.0 issue ?
If it is you, are you going to produce them for sale ?
Yes, and I'm still working on it.... :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was hoping to keep it around $225 or so, but the first shop came in so high for machining I'd have to sell them for $300/pair to barely make anything at all. I will find somewhere or some way to get this going though, even thinking of a small cnc machine to make them faster myself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got both. I know you had a possible hookup, but I just don't feel comfortable sending something off where I can't walk in and deal with it personally....thanks for the offer though. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
i dont take it personally, i know that the internet is a very shady place with very shady people so i can understand the aprehension. I really wish i could do something to help though. Oh well, good luck on your adapters as i am saving money for them right now

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be watching for a final selling price. I'm very interested. I have a 5.4 waiting for the winter, one of the things that held me back from doing the swap last winter was the intake system.

Next project 5.4 4v adaptors ? lol

TurboX2 said:
I was hoping to keep it around $225 or so, but the first shop came in so high for machining I'd have to sell them for $300/pair to barely make anything at all. I will find somewhere or some way to get this going though, even thinking of a small cnc machine to make them faster myself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
GT281 said:
Next project 5.4 4v adaptors ? lol
There probably aren't too many combinations I haven't thought about.... ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Since I lost alot of my low end toruqe with the P&P, would this adapter increase the volume of air in the intake like long runners do? I am looking for a way to bolt something on the get back some low end torque. I dont want a bigger upper since that will slow air even more. Any ideas? I was also thinking of putting on one of those Tornado's to try and help. I know a guy at the speed shop who put one on his car and said it works so maybe it could help in my situation. Yes, no?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Please tell me the Tornada thing was a joke?? :( If not, please do not waste your money, I don't care who says what they are a complete scam.

On the increased volume, this isn't something you can bolt on to a 4.6. They are adapters to bolt a 4.6 intake manifold on to a 5.4. If you have them, you have a 5.4, and you have no concerns about low end torque.... :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately, no. For the past month+ I have done absolutely zip with cars as I've been moving, building a shop, and then out of town for the past 10 days. Gonna go visit some machine shops this week now that things are settling down (a little :rolleyes: )....

·
Registered
622 Posts
intake adapters

first off uv came up with a great idea, i hope it takes off and one day 4.6/5.4 swaps will be as common as 302/351 swaps!! my question is if uve tried the adapters with any other intakes?? all the 5.4 swaps ive seen so far, the motors run outta breath above 4000 rpm...one thought i had, was ur adapters with a riechard racing intake... the reports so far are that this intake is too much for a street 4.6, but it might just be whats needed for a sweet revvin 5.4

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: intake adapters

Hopefully Modular Performance delivers 2v cast intake similar to the 5.4 4v they just announced. Maybe they will do a 4.6 2v and 4v as well. But these adaptors are a great idea. Maybe the riechard intake will work a little lower down the power band with the longer runner length as a side effect of the adaptors. Wheres the dyno ... lol :)

oohsoobad2 said:
first off uv came up with a great idea, i hope it takes off and one day 4.6/5.4 swaps will be as common as 302/351 swaps!! my question is if uve tried the adapters with any other intakes?? all the 5.4 swaps ive seen so far, the motors run outta breath above 4000 rpm...one thought i had, was ur adapters with a riechard racing intake... the reports so far are that this intake is too much for a street 4.6, but it might just be whats needed for a sweet revvin 5.4

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought these adapter plates from Turbox2 a few months ago. After finding they were not even close to fitting I was told I would be refunded 50 of the 200 dollars or up to 50 dollars to fix them. After some checking around I've found that it would take a lot more than 50 bucks to fix them. Now Dan isn't responding to my PM requests.

Ed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts