Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a t-56 in my car and its whining pretty bad, time for something new. before i spend over 4 grand on a rebuild for the t-56 i wanted to get some info on going auto. the car is a 04 mach 1 with a t-76 hellion kit car has 650rwhp now but im looking to make a little more power. the car is a street car built for highway runs mainly but will see the track once or twice a year. well any help would be great thanks mike

·
Registered
421 Posts
*cough cough* don't waste your money!! I wasted over $8000 on a lentech. And It was my fault that the 4 transmissions they sent me didn't last more then 2 miles each. And every time it went out. It was 3rd gear.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
i im going to stick with the 6spd, who do you guys recommend for a built trans able to handle 800rwhp
G Force will build you one, but it aint cheap.

·
Registered
850 Posts
*cough cough* don't waste your money!! I wasted over $8000 on a lentech. And It was my fault that the 4 transmissions they sent me didn't last more then 2 miles each. And every time it went out. It was 3rd gear.
:getlost:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Is the built t56 going to be that much more than a whole complete auto install?
Close.

And if you are a turbo car, you will benefit greatly from an auto and correct converter. Greatly.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
why did u pay $8k? this is the first time ive heard of any real issue's with a Lentech. 2 years on mine w/ no issues but only 500hp/600 on spray

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the auto would be alot better for highway pulls and would be much more relable. i just wanna get enough info so when the time comes i make the right decision. mike

·
Registered
421 Posts
I didn't spent 8k just on the trans.. i spent i think it was 5.5k on the trans and converter.. then i spent almost 3k on shipping for all the transmissions they kept sending me. that kept braking and for the R&R.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I didn't spent 8k just on the trans.. i spent i think it was 5.5k on the trans and converter.. then i spent almost 3k on shipping for all the transmissions they kept sending me. that kept braking and for the R&R.
Hmmmm

You've got a PM...

For the original poster, there is nothing like a turbo/auto car. If you get a chance to ride in one you'll understand why.

Where do you live?? I know a guy in S Florida that will build you a 4R70W that is kick ass. The guy really knows his stuff.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts