Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally when I got the chip the car would turn off at about 5300rpms but only when I was on the nitrous program and spraying it. .
Now it idles eratically, off and on; and turns off every few minutes even on the motor program.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Damn and you were slamming Randy. I would call a Autologic dealer and have a reburn, also pull the chip to make sure its your problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm

Uhhh Randy installed the chip.... I took it out and clean up the terminals and it seemed to help. Problem is more intermitent now at least.. Still shuts off on the nitrous. But not every time. 3 out of 4 times it will turn off on the bottle.

Cobra has still not been fixed. My friend drove an hour out to the shop as requested and at the end of the night he said he was not going to tune on it. Told him he needed focus fuel pumps installed then bring the car back this tues.(week later).
Ill post the results tuesday night.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Focus fuel pumps? Wow I've never heard of that. What's the deal behind these things, any idea?:confused:

Razor.

·
Registered
182 Posts
akatherazor4 said:
Focus fuel pumps? Wow I've never heard of that. What's the deal behind these things, any idea?:confused:

Razor.
Yes, each individual Focus pump flow more then each individual Cobra pump, so ganging them together will give you about 20 or 30 more lph.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Calypso428 said:
Yes, each individual Focus pump flow more then each individual Cobra pump, so ganging them together will give you about 20 or 30 more lph.
Wow I learn something new everyday.:hammer Thanks for the info.

Razor.

·
Registered
885 Posts
randy,
i drove dave's 03 cobra after you tuned it the other day, and the power level seemed to be where it should be. the drivability also seemed fine. the pro-m meter, 55 lbs/hr injectors and the new fuel pumps seem like they are working very well together. :)

salami and bacon to you, my brother! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts