Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped a 03 cobra motor into my 99 gt i have verything done but now i am stuck on wiering the trans harness to the 03 motor hraness alot of the sockets dont match up and there are some extra ones as well, if anyone could help me with exact diagrams of what is to what and what wires need to go to what i would greatly appreciate it, the car has been done for 2 months and i cant figure out how to wire this thing.its a built lentech 4r70w, stock stall no man valve body. thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Are you using the Cobra computer? Search the old threads by 03Steve and Dave King where they had the pin out problems broken down...

TJ

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Are you using the Cobra computer? Search the old threads by 03Steve and Dave King where they had the pin out problems broken down...

TJ
what he said including...now I forget Jon Lund's name....Dustin? Dustoff? Jon used a Mach pcm in his Terminator for the auto part.

like I said...Im pretty sure you need the 03 pcm as the wiring is different and wont properly ocnnect to the 2v pcm and the 03 harness has no auto wiring in it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I searched the old threads and couldnt find where they have the pins broke down,ill use the 2003 cobra computer then,if i were to get a mach 1 wire harness from front to back would that plug in to the cobra harness??ive been told that the 1999 gt harnesses are also diff from the 2002 and up and are similar to the cobra and nach1 harnesses can some 1 tell me if thats true.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Did you say you have a manual valve body? If not you need the processor from a Mach or you can use an aftermarjet trans controller.
John

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no mv, where can i get an trans controller, if i get the mach1 processor will it work with the wiering from teh 03 cobra harness to my gt??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i went with a manual valve body, would this end my wiering troubles??? would i not have to wire anything??

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
if i went with a manual valve body, would this end my wiering troubles??? would i not have to wire anything??
correct..well mostly...mvb needs the 2 speedo wires...reverse lights...lockup is 1 wire (if u have it)....od is 1 wire (if you have it).....and....thats about it. oh and neutral safety switch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts