Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at adding a street/sport roll bar to finish the interior of my GT, and the Autopower pieces that Maximum Motorsports sells look great.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/autopower.asp

Has anyone used these pieces at all? I am wondering about quality. I would be having it painted Silver Clearcoat metallic to match my exterior. I know it would not be legal, but that is not my point. I want something that will be safe, look trick, and I will be able to install here at home. This WILL NOT have the side bars that go across the driver and pass. that make it a pain to get in and out. It is mostly from the middle of the car back, as shown in the pics that I sent in the website.

Anyone with insightful input, please advise.
~Darren

·
Registered
482 Posts
Darren,

(sorry I was away for the weekend)

I helped my friend install one a while back, wasn't too difficult and was relatively painless. They do have side bars that go along the bottom sides of the seat parallel with the rocker panel.

While it is not NHRA legal it is SCCA legal and will add to the structural integrity of the car - I just don't like that it is bolted together.

But I think for what you are trying to do it would most likely be the best avenue for the car without spending a lot on a custom bar/cage.

Go to my archives section and go to Andrew's mustang - how he and I met actually as he bought it from me when I parted out the car that it was in. He modified it slightly, but his car is silver as well and should give you a little bit of an idea how it will look in your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts