Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am fed up so why not spend more money right>??? What do I want to pull some info from my truck to figure out what is going on>??? Do I want Autotap or is there something else out there>??? Also who has the best prices. I am ready to buy today, so quick help is greatly appreciated. Also who can I go to that can look over this stuff and give me an HONEST and UNBIASED answer>??? I am not into the electrical side of these trucks yet, just the mechanics. Thanks a million. I really don't wanna give up on my baby if I don't have to. -Mat-

·
Registered
418 Posts
SVT F15O said:
Ok I am fed up so why not spend more money right>??? What do I want to pull some info from my truck to figure out what is going on>??? Do I want Autotap or is there something else out there>??? Also who has the best prices. I am ready to buy today, so quick help is greatly appreciated. Also who can I go to that can look over this stuff and give me an HONEST and UNBIASED answer>??? I am not into the electrical side of these trucks yet, just the mechanics. Thanks a million. I really don't wanna give up on my baby if I don't have to. -Mat-
SVT F150, check this out:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/lightning/ec_autotap.htm

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Autotap is awesome. One great advantage is that you can use it for any 96+ Ford vehicle.......not just your Lightning. It is definately a must have tool for the DIY'er.

If your efficient in Excel you can really do some neat $hit with graphs. Autotap will export .csv (comma delimited file), which can then be imported into Excel.

--Joe

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used Autotap when it 1st cam out and liked it, there are many different type devices. 2 that come to the top of my head are the Hellion and Predator made by Diablo.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Autotap had a poor upgrade path earlier. It really rubbed me wrong.. I since went to Ease Diagnostic.. cheaper and i feel has better features.

However, there is a NEW alternative that is even cheaper and has some pretty nice features in addition to the enhanced parameters offered by competing products.

http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/

·
Registered
352 Posts
I updated my AutoTap and now it's pretty cool. There's not much you can't monitor with it.:cool:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
spanky99l said:
you can datalog with autotap right?
You can also export your data into .csv files (comma dilimited files). With that info you can make graphs/charts etc in Excel...........very cool indeed.

--Joe

·
Registered
418 Posts
SVT F15O said:
Matt, if you are insterested in obtaining a AutoTap Unit, we can let you have one for $269.95, as they are normally $279.95 shipped. Hope this helps, as if you are interested, please send me an email message and I can send you a Money Request for this purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts