Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who use the autotap, my car has been sputtering a bit and acting a bit jerky at low RPM. I set my autotap up, created a table to monitor all parameters in the "misfore" section. I am getting some data but note sure what it all means. I have the following parameters, can anyone shed some lite?

Cumulative misfires
engine RPM at the time of misfire
Low word MIS_NOCALL
Low word total cylinder events
Low word of cumulative misfires
MIS_monitoring status
Total cylinder events

Also there are no DTC's present.

·
Registered
374 Posts
where can i buy an autotap? how much?

it plugs via obdII, right?
does it work as a fully obd II scanner? etc

don't mean to steal your thread...

thanks
m.

·
Registered
481 Posts
AUTOTAP.COM - plugs via OBDII

Shadowgray03 - is it possible for you to show us some data that goes along with the parameters you selected. If the computer feels that the misfire is out of a "normal" range then you should get a DTC... Click the link below to AutoTAP's site and scroll to the bottom of the page where it states using a scan tool to determain misfire...

http://www.autotap.com/articles/Diagnosing_Misfires.html

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TopRacer said:
AUTOTAP.COM - plugs via OBDII

Shadowgray03 - is it possible for you to show us some data that goes along with the parameters you selected. If the computer feels that the misfire is out of a "normal" range then you should get a DTC... Click the link below to AutoTAP's site and scroll to the bottom of the page where it states using a scan tool to determain misfire...

http://www.autotap.com/articles/Diagnosing_Misfires.html
Yea, I kind of looked at that but it wasnt much help, there seems to be a threashhold that need to be broken before a DTC will triggered. For the parameters I showd above they just have some numerical values associated with them. After about 20 minutes of logging I had 2 total cylinder event and some misc other numbers, some had gone so high they started over back at zero.

Im still having major issues getting a tune to work with my KB at 17psi and the car had stumbled a couple times at idle and seemed stumble ever so slightly when under 2k rpm so I was trying to figure out what may be causing it. I pulled the IT24's and went back to motorcraft agsf12's (car came with F22's) and most of the stubling seems to be gone. I will do more logging later to see what the numbers do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts