Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is running great! No more stalling. I finally love my truck again. I guess when the truck was down in Jersey getting tuned a while ago, they swapped in TR-8's. From what I am told they have had nothing but problems with these plugs. Swapped in some TR-6's again(if I had known this was my problem I would done it myself for the record) and then they strapped it to the dyno with a new chip program in. Truck is running sweet. If the track was open I would have been all over it. I just want to say thanks to everyone at JDM and especially Shawn for working on it on a Saturday. I will drive it tonight some more and report back. That is if I don't fall asleep. HaHa. Check out the graph below. Smooth as a babies azz man! -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
sweet

Get to the track allready nice #'s :blob

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Nice!!!

So what was the problem? Why did the truck keep stalling..was it the chip? What did you have and what do you have now..?

I am having the same problem with my Cobra..and basically you're same set-up.

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
You know the Tr8's are non resistor type plugs, right?

The BR7EF's probably would of worked for you as well. A lot of guys run TR6's, i just like the safety factor of the BR7's for some cushion. Impressive ass numbers though mat:king

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red BOLT, If the track was open I would have been all over it. I could always just make my truck a dyno queen though. :) HaHa. Nah I wouldn't do that.

LTHL PSI, the problem was the spark plugs. They told me they have had nothing but problems with them. If I had known it was something as simple as a plug change I probably would have fixed it myself. Although I do like this new street program a lot. It was well worth the trip getting to hang out at JDM and see Bill's beast get dynoed also.

Mofo, I was unaware of that. Would the BR7's foul though, my truck hasn't really been to the track that much as of late with all my injuries so it is 95% street driven as of now. Before it was at the track 2-3 times a month. Thanks for the compliment too.

Conley, you and me both. I was really getting frustrated with this truck.

Englishtown doesn't have any time trials until [email protected] Englishtown so I am not sure if I will get any times before then. I will try but I can't promise anything. I just want my 11 sec timeslip. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't get it unless something breaks. Lets all hope that does not happen. -Mat-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts