Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW
I made 2 Dyno Pulls today..First time dynoing with new Heat Exchanger..
I warmed car up..Pulled it on Dyno and Pulled Back to Back..
First pull was 469/477 Second Pull was 467/478..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great #'s!!!! What were the gains with the new exchanger compared to the stock unit?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jiocco said:
Great #'s!!!! What were the gains with the new exchanger compared to the stock unit?
I actually dynoed Previously a bit more 472,But at that time the car was colder and air was better..Boost on previouis Dyno was reading a little under 14,,Today it was barely 13..As i stated before..Dyno can weather correct but not correct for loss or gain in boost.
Previous dynoing back to back ,,I normally also would loose 10 or more RWHP when dynoing back to back without cool down.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Nice numbers, Jim. More than either of my cars ever made with Eaton. Plus, your car pulls on top like it makes 50 RWHP more than that!

Like I always said (and Nitrous Pete plagiarized) "Seek and ye shall find...in the combo"

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's Rich..I am enjoying just tweeking and driving my Cobra..I am hesitant to go bannana's with this car.
I have never been so pleased with a car before.but i still remember you flying by me driving back from EPPING!!!!;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Great numbers Jimmy, is this still with your same Diablo tune you have had forever???? Once again great numbers and hows the A/F with the 2.93 now?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trey193 said:
Great numbers Jimmy, is this still with your same Diablo tune you have had forever???? Once again great numbers and hows the A/F with the 2.93 now?
Yeap same tune...AF is 11.4 out the back door.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
These are my pulls, all 3 made within 5-6 minutes total, no cooldown. The first pull was made with the car cool.
Your setup must be doing something, or the 2.93 is not soaking as much.

My buddy's 2.93 car made consective #'s on 2 pulls as well, could be an indication of the ole heaton giving up on the 2.80 like i got.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts