Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My saga continues with my second attempt to get this unit tuned. As most of you remember, last time I have a tensioner go out on my engine as well as the SPEC 4 clutch letting go at 3500rpms. I now have the Mcleod twin disk clutch and aluminum flywheel in with roughly 350 breaking miles so far. I hope to put another 50 miles or so on before dynoing. Other changes that Have been made are the addition of a 40hp Nitrous system and modyfied stock intake. This intake is very similar to the intake that picked up Bob Cosby's N/A Cobra 33hp over 5K rpms. I think this intake should really benefit my blown application!!

To people that don't know what my setup is I will give a quick rundown so that you can get an idea of what I am doing.

Car is a 96 Cobra with D&D tubular K-member and coil overs, 90/10 Lakewoods, Hal adjustable rears, HPM Megabite Jr LCA's, Lakewood uppers, UPR battle boxes, UPR anti-roll bar, 6-pt roll bar, Detroit locker with 4.56 gears, 31-spline axles, aluminum driveshaft, TKO tranny, scattershield, Mcleoud clutch and flywheel, Weldon Fuel system, built 99 DOHC with Manley rods, 8.5:1 CP pistons, SHM girdle, SHM oil pump gears, ModMax trigger wheel, Ported heads with Ferra valves, ModMax springs, Titanium locks and retainers. 55lb injecters w/FMU, Vortech JT trim ~23psi, stock 99 Cobra cams and a host of other things to make it all work.

Original setup was basically a built shortblock 96 engine with 18psi S-trim that ran [email protected] I am shooting for high 9's with this setup with no nitrous.

Chris Johnson of JMS will be doing all the tuning on his new Mustang Dyno. I will report back with the results as soon as it hits the dyno. I just hope all goes well this time!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good Luck Focker!!!! You better call my monkey ass when you put it on the rollers!!!! LMAO

Jeff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Best of luck to you.. Being fairly new here, I am totally amazed at all the Hi-HP cars on this board.. Kinda makes me feel outta place..lol.. But I guess if you want to be fast, you don't need to be educated by slower people..;)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Good luck Chad! I can't wait to hear how it goes man.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good luck Chad. I was going to get my car tuned by Chris Johnson Today(4-3-03) but my MSD ignition died last Sunday so I had to call and cancel. Maybe I can make it in a week or two. I was hoping to see how much H/P 20 or more pounds of boost from my JT trim would make? I guess you will get to see first. :D Thanks, Jeff B.(1BAD98)

·
Registered
302 Posts
A friend of mine just had the same problem with his Cobra.. he ended up getting new MSD and calling JMS to get a 4-way program burned for it.
Should be ready to go this weekend... it is a yellow 98 w/ 16#'s of boost and a 100 shot, on a forged engine.

Best of luck to you also.:D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My DIS 4 also died and was replaced with a new unit by MSD, they also checked my tach adapters and said they were fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts