Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the gears fixed in car went to 4.10s from 3.73, car was shaking tires bad I mean bad at the 200 ft mark, I think with the new gears it had to much wheel speed, tried to get it figured out in time but only had 3 passes. Car Is flying for sure went 8.40s at 171 getting in and out of the gas. track was working to went 1.27 60 ft..big thanks again to Lorenzzoo and stevo for working on my car all friday night to get it ready.

SDV 0375 - YouTube

Last pass hooked and then shot left so had to lift.
SDV 0391 - YouTube

· Registered
6,795 Posts
How are you going 171 mph on a 3:73 gear??? I'm using a 3:27 gear and bang the rev limiter at 7500 @ 157 mph. I know I have SOME slip, but you must have zero, lol. Or you spin that thing to 10,000 RPM.

· Registered
3,027 Posts
One of my favorite cars and thanks for the video.

· Registered
4,062 Posts
One of my favorite cars and thanks for the video.
Aside from you car Brian his car is one of my favorite to!
It was great to be able to watch him run at BG!
I am already excited about going to BG again next year.......

· Registered
798 Posts
Nice run Joe! Car has really come a long way since JR had it! To me it almost looks like ARB preload, or something is broke/bent on the rear suspension.

Good luck!

· Administrator
9,825 Posts
Smokin' passes Joe. Really impressive. The way you are picking up the front tires you may actually be able to use a 3.55 gear.

Very nice.

Ed

· Registered
46 Posts
Wow must be spinning that ysi hard at that rpm. That's fast! I have a ysi cog setup on mine and keep trying to fig out what I need to do in order to run that kinda time. This car is the reason I went with a ysi...

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
Another vid I found of one of my passes, clearly hear it shake the tires then I lift then get back into it,

. - YouTube
I know this is a little old but from what I can tell your boy didn't line you up in the groove. You went right getting out of the groove even more and thats when the tires started to shake. You can see that at 1:06 if you pause it. I think if you were in the groove that would've been a better pass and possibly no tire spin/shake.

Jr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.