Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
I just realized that while trying to put the oil filter on the engine, I can't. I need to have a remote filter setup now because the new power steering setup I'm going with will interfere. Plus the sway bar and lower hose setup are too tight to fit a filter in. So, MMR, I need another piece from you. Time for a remote oil filter setup.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
I did a little to the car this week. I finally bought some Ridetech coil overs and installed them to finish up the suspension. The springs are 150lb rate and I set them so the car has the 3/4" rake to fit the drivetrain angle I built in and to give it a good rake look without being too excessive. Planning on getting the bodywork done and having a buddy spray it when he is done with his current paint job. I also have to finally settle on a color I want it to be.

Till the paint is ready, I'll continue to get engine parts.

Dave

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
I forgot. I got this On3 Cooling setup also. I'll get the rest of the cooling setup next.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Hey Mike. I see you're still around. Good to know. Hope all is well. I was coaching soccer down in your area yesterday.

On car stuff.....I have the tube from the intake to the intercooler being welded up right now. Wish I had a TIG and the skill with it. I guess I have to say I didn't do everything on the car. A buddy is going to paint it for me too. I'm thinking of ditching the side trim now too. Still undecided on the color and interior. Until then, I'll continue to get parts to get it running.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Here is the almost finished product. I had to scratch this idea completely. It's 2.5" tubing and I need at least 3" for the HP I will eventually run and for better tenability of the HPX MAF I'll be getting soon. So....I started on a steel set of pipes today. I can MIG them up easily and don't have to keep trial fitting and taking them to a shop or a friend. I can make them up myself and weld on the slot MAF flange as well as the BOV myself. So..... I ordered new boots for the blower and Intercooler and I have some of the piping welded up. These nice shiny aluminum ones will go in the tubing box for something else. I like the shine and light weight but the steel one will be powder coated and I'm not dying for every HP possible out of the package. Here's what I made up and now am not going to use......

I'll have the MAF and BOV on order soon. Then I'll weld it all up, install for fitment and then send off to powdercoating.

Dave

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
3" pipes complete. Just need the MAF flange and the BOV to get here so I can weld them in and the boots are arriving this week too. THen I'll get the pipes powdercoated as well as the valve covers to match the intake.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
It was a decent weather weekend and I had a little time to mess with the car so I went ahead and got the BOV installed as well as the power steering high pressure line built. I was going to put the air filter where I put the BOV but I think the filter will be on the other side or just above the BOV. Not sure yet. Radiator and fan fitment will dictate that. As for the power steering line, I had to run it longer and around where the oil lines from the block to the remote oil filter setup will end up. It's inevitable. I can't get a filter in there past the sway bar and steering setup. No biggie. I don't want to drip all over everything when I do change it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Well, I've been out of working on cars for a little while due to neck issues and other family hobbies. We have tons of kids sports and we love our side by sides out on the trails. I have been down for a fusion in my neck and spent the past few days mulling over the car and decided to at least get something to progress on it. So, I got the remote oil setup for it. Can't believe I'm only around $2000 in parts and then a paint job away from completion on this thing and I can't get it done. We just spent $10,000 on a full size RZR for my 12 year old who outgrew his little 170 quickly. I never had $10,000 toys even at age 17, let alone 12. I spoil them but they are good for it. Anyways, here's the new part. After surgery recovery, I'm going to install it. I am pretty sure I'm going to get the radiator this coming month too. Those and the MAF are really all I need for it under the hood.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I've been out of working on cars for a little while due to neck issues and other family hobbies. We have tons of kids sports and we love our side by sides out on the trails. I have been down for a fusion in my neck and spent the past few days mulling over the car and decided to at least get something to progress on it. So, I got the remote oil setup for it. Can't believe I'm only around $2000 in parts and then a paint job away from completion on this thing and I can't get it done. We just spent $10,000 on a full size RZR for my 12 year old who outgrew his little 170 quickly. I never had $10,000 toys even at age 17, let alone 12. I spoil them but they are good for it. Anyways, here's the new part. After surgery recovery, I'm going to install it. I am pretty sure I'm going to get the radiator this coming month too. Those and the MAF are really all I need for it under the hood.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
I got the oil filter setup installed. The only place it would work logically was on the framerail just in front o the engine. The lower radiator hose will have to come out over it and down to the radiator or something but that's what happens when you stuff 5lbs of something into a 3lb bag. She's coming along. Time for the radiator.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
I got my tuner in the mail today. Moates Quarterhorse J3 chip with Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer and Dongle. This is going to be interesting. I'm not a fan of tuning. Time to find a knowledgeable friend.

Wife had to wrap it for my birthday gift from her and the kids since it's my birthday....sometime this week. Otherwise, I'd post a pic or two.

Dave

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
I've spent most of my time lately on the 37, that I have hardly done anything to the Fairlane. I pulled the blower off so I can drive and tune and not blow it up or have to learn to tune that right off the bat. It's NA and might even stay that way. We'll see. I've played with the tuner a bit and found my TPS sensor connector was bad so I got another one installed. I'm putting the windows in to just drive it a bit before winter. Trying to get the 37 done so I can deliver it and get my garage space back.

Photobucket sucks lately. I may not be posting many more pics if they don't get their stuff together.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Lets see if the new web pic host works......

New headlights installed. Just need a rear window seal and I can drive it. I need to install the windshield and rear window with their seals but otherwise, fasten the fenders completely and then get it on the road and feel it out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
I drove the car yesterday. I can't tune for crap so I'm going to take it to a Dyno here that knows the software. I think I'm going to put the supercharger back on and let them do it complete too. More to come.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
I haven't done much to the car lately. I did change my mind as you should expect by now. The blower is back on the car for good. I got a radiator for it to fit....somewhat. I also got the Mass Air fitting to weld to the intake pipe. The tuner I found has no issues with all I've done to it and says he can tune it easily. A fox body racing buddy at work knows him from a few years ago and says he knows his stuff so I'll trust him.

A few quick pics of the current state.....

I picked up a new Daily driver 2018 F150 3.5 ecoboost with the 10 speed. This thing will tow the Fairlane till it's on the road again. I love this truck!

Dave

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I ordered a pair of 10" 1800CFM fans to fit around the blower. I installed a 180 thermostat with 2 holes drilled for the flow. I also ordered up a few -20AN fittings and hose to make a lower radiator hose rather than run some ugly clamp up and reducer setup. I got a few -20 weld in bungs for the radiator as well as a 3/8npt weld in bung for a switch for the fans rather than rely on the "in the fin" style of sensor. Cleaner and more reliable. On a good note, with all this, I made enough room to install an AC setup between the radiator and IC. I am going to swap over to a floor mount B+M or Hurst style shifter though. The detent in the steering column is not working out as well as planned and I want to make sure it can't accidentally be pushed into reverse or something. Oh well.

I'll have more pics of this stuff when it all gets in and I ge to working on it.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the donor car in the air. Not on air but in the air. That's because I'm using the most primitive suspension ever. I lifted it and set wood blocks in the suspension. I aired down the tires and drove it around the yard to the front of the house and backed it into the garage. Now she waits for me to tear into her. Soon, soon.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
I've been there twice. I know the feeling. Happy Wrenching!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
It's been a while since I posted but here she is after paint. I'm putting her back together but I sold the blower. Dumb idea but I'm going to get one again.
I shoul;d have kept it.

View attachment 171723 View attachment 171723

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
I don't have Photobucket or Facebook anymore so I guess it's time to let the thread die and just do my car without the internet. If you can't see pics, it's not worth reading.

Reactions: Turbo4V
261 - 280 of 284 Posts