Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does any-one else have Bad Luck like me with aftermarket goods?Last year,Centerforce clutch blew up,MSD dis4 quit working,Evans water pump,pulley flew off at 40 mph,last week i was going for a drive and my steel braided fuel line sprung a leak.Gotta wonder is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
No, 95 GT that I had before the Cobra. I had a mechanic that worked for my Dad install full length headers on my car. In the process, he broke my dipstick tube.

I ordered another one, tried installing it myself, but it would not fit around the headers. I bent it alittle, but was afraid it would break as the the stock one did.

A friend of mine, the conversion moderator was building a 302 for his coupe, and had a pre 93 dipstick tube that I tried. It fit perfectly, and we assumed they read the same.

Shortly after, I heard what sounded like a busted piston, I had a few people listen to the engine, everyone agreed it must be a broken ringland (The car had a blower on it for 25,000 miles).

About two days later - KABOOM. Rod bearing failure. The dipsticks ARE different. Rod broke, cylinder wall had a huge chunk missing. Cam chewed up, all the valves were bent. Luckly my Edelbrock heads were not hurt. I was in the process of building a new shortblock, when I decided to buy the Cobra. I put a stock engine back in the 95 and sold it.

So, In short, my ignorance and bad luck, killed a perfect running engine. :evil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts