Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I did a few searches here and on SVTP, and I can't find an install guide for the BAP Pre FPDM, w/o the lethal wiring upgrade AND w/o the Hobbs switch and dial.

If any one knows of a guide, or know what steps I can use from existing guides to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was quick, I did see that guide however, but it is with the wiring upgrade. It's difficult for me to think of which steps I would NOT include without having the trunk taken apart. It'll be a month or so before I do this install.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
That was quick, I did see that guide however, but it is with the wiring upgrade. It's difficult for me to think of which steps I would NOT include without having the trunk taken apart. It'll be a month or so before I do this install.
Fused wire off the bap to the green/yellow, wire side. Non fused wire on the bap to the green/yellow, FPDM side. Hobbs switch wire can be twisted together and run without the switch.

Hope that helps.

Jared

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Damn, I just installed mine after like the instructions said. I have to assume by doing this Im increasing the current through the FPDM, and by installing it in front you decrease the current but increase the voltage thus reducing the load on the components of the FPDM. Am I correct on this, and is the stock FPDM ok at the higher voltage? In other words is it worth my time to switch it now?

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done a lot of reading on that issue, and the general consensus is; "do you really want to test that theory?" If you fry the FPDM, you take the risk of giving your top end a major melt down.

I guess that's why most find it acceptable to wire it PRE FPDM (*Note, KB still recommends POST FPDM...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts