Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh man, all the different combinations out there. 42#'s with BAP, 50#'s with BAP, 55#'s with BAP, no BAP on anything, blah blah blah.

Comments like, "bigger fuel pumps cause the fuel to heat up and aren't needed", and "go with 2 Focus pumps and 50 or 55# injectors w/out the BAP".

My head be spinning.

I'm sticking with the stock 42's, stock pumps, a Pro-M meter calibrated to 55#'s, and the BAP. Patrick is tuning me in at DiabloSport next month.

Wish me luck! I'll report back on all the progresses.

·
Registered
94 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
I'm sticking with the stock 42's, stock pumps, a Pro-M meter calibrated to 55#'s,
Why would you calibrate for 55's if you're running 42's ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: BAP this, BAP that, Injector this, Injector that...

slythetove said:
Why would you calibrate for 55's if you're running 42's ?
There's much more range for the tuning. On thought it doesn't really make sense, but on paper, and actually getting down to business, it does.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
Man oh man, all the different combinations out there. 42#'s with BAP, 50#'s with BAP, 55#'s with BAP, no BAP on anything, blah blah blah.

Comments like, "bigger fuel pumps cause the fuel to heat up and aren't needed", and "go with 2 Focus pumps and 50 or 55# injectors w/out the BAP".

My head be spinning.

I hear ya, so many conflicting reports on what works and what doesnt. Im sticking with stock everything myself simply because I dont want to get stuck doing the "chip reburn shuffle" that I did with my truck when I put in larger inj/MAF etc. I also want to be able to be able to drive the car without a chip should I need to send it back so when I ordered the KB I got it with a stock 9psi as well as a 17psi pulley.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Since this is a confusion thread, How many different pullies can be had for the KB? And what exactly are the sizes/boost number?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 3.5 (13#'s), a 3 (17#'s), and a 2.75 (19#'s).

You can basically have anyone make you any size you want.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
There is also a 2.5" which is 21psi but in addition to the standard blower pulleys they have a 9" crank pulley which will get you to 21psi with a 3" upper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts