Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which exhaust to purchase for my O3 Cobra--I am leaning toward Bassani cat-back---do the 4" tips look to big and how far to they stick out of the rear valence? Can someone post a picture of the back of there car so I can get an idea at what I am looking at? I tried downloading some of the videos on the corral and did not have the right program to do so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
uhh

Size wise imop they look good. What bothers me is how the tapered end of the tip is turned inward to " follow the contour of the bumper " according to BAssani.

I am still torn about exhaust. Not sure what to go with.

Ill look for some picks

·
Registered
64 Posts
heheeh

THATs THE BMW THAT I BEAT well not that one exactly but that model...in the last englishtown imports vs detroit Iron. Heads up!

I ran my best stock et against him my 12.7 to his 13.1!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
the bassani tips are not too big. They fit the hole cut out in the bumper perfectly, the 3'' tips look too small.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah

Its not the size of the tips, but the way they are turned in that I am not sure about. I have yet to see them on a 03 cobra in person, but the first time I saw Bassani's cat back for the GT I thought someone had mounted it wrong because of how the tapered end of the tips were turned sideways.

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I was installing the Cat-back on mine I thought they were sopposed to taper striath down. When I was under there putting it on i was like wtf.. But then after i had it on and was taking a look at it I liked it a lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: yeah

silverbullet said:
Its not the size of the tips, but the way they are turned in that I am not sure about. I have yet to see them on a 03 cobra in person, but the first time I saw Bassani's cat back for the GT I thought someone had mounted it wrong because of how the tapered end of the tips were turned sideways.
2003 Cobra is shaped different than the GT...so thats why it didnt quite look right on the GT. It does fit the Cobra's rear body lines perfectly. I love the whole exhaust!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I second what harry said, when you see it in person its awsome. It is unique, everytime someone sees it they ask me what kind it is and they always say it looks great. If you want I can take some pics and post them. Let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the pictures, I have better idea now --- been shopping around for prices for the Bassani cat-back and the best so far is $740 through Fairway, that includes shipping and handling to Cleveland,OH----Has anyone found a better price on their cat-back?

·
Registered
132 Posts
O3 COBRA said:
Thank you for the pictures, I have better idea now --- been shopping around for prices for the Bassani cat-back and the best so far is $740 through Fairway, that includes shipping and handling to Cleveland,OH----Has anyone found a better price on their cat-back?
yep i have been shopping around myself rpmoutlet.com has it for $667 don't think shipping is included with that price but figure i guess $30-40.don't know if it's the cheapest price around but better than the $740 hope that helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have seen the exhaust tips on the Bassini....and I think they definitely look too big and I don't like the way they curve. JMHO. I'm glad I saved the extra money

I have the maggies and the 3.5" tip looks just right. I wished the Maggie tips slashed a little bit more though. I have seen the tips on the MAC cathack and they look great to me and so do the DynoFlow tips. These of course are just my taste in exhaust tips.

I did not care for the Bassani sound too, they sound to motorboat-ish for my taste. Magnaflows sound better IMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
http://www.modularfords.com/storage/HRHexhaust.mpg

Click on that...

I sure dont think that sounds like any motorboat to me...well..maybe some Racing Cigarette Speedboat :D

But I understand everyone has their preferences. Thats what makes the world go round.

Peace,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
74 cars owned, here a a couple
1978 442 Hot Rod Magazines Street Machine of the Year
1993 Mustang LX coupe (Prototype of 96 DOHC Cobra)
1967 Hemi Dodge Coronet
If its fast....I want it

·
Registered
282 Posts
RPMoutlet.com will sell the Bassani Cat-back for about $580 plus shipping. Call them and ask for George and work with him on price.

Good luck,

Kevin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts