Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have 2 questions, if any of you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

1. As you can see in my signautre below I have the Stainless Steel Bassani Catback Exhaust. I love Bassani products but this exhaust was way expensive. Probably worth it but I cant afford much more. Anyways I want to get the Basanni X-pipe with cats but I really wouldnt like to spend the $450-$500 I see it going for. My question is has anyone heard of Basanni's new line called BX Performance? It is apparently the aluminized version of all their products and costs way less with the same performance. I was wondering if any of you have heard good or bad things about this product line at all because I haven't yet. Is it worth the cut in price for not getting a stainless steel product? Because I was maybe looking to get the BX Performance X-pipe with Cats. I saw them advertised @ https://www.rpmoutlet.com/mus03basbx.htm but it is not for sale yet and they dont have a price up. Anybody know if and when any will be available? I'd appreciate and advice , thanks.

2. Also I havent noticed anyone of this site yet with Bassani headers. Any take of them at all? Again they are pretty expensive, over $500. :confused: Thanks.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I have the bassani catted-x and cat back on order myself. I was contemplating headers as well but figured I would wait until I replaced the k-member and put the headers on then. These cars seems so capable of producing power that I think many dont go to headers until they have to (ie maybe 500+hp?).

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't think the X-pipe is worth much more than 5-7 hp on our cars. Many guys are making big power with the stock H-pipe. I would spend the money on a chip and pulley.

Good luck,
Kevin

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

I have a bassani x no cats and the one bad thing about it is whne it raps back down it sounds like a cambells soup can with a bunch of rocks in it. very annoying. I will have no mufflers here soon and just sraight pipes out of the x pipe. no noise polution laws here or smog

smog is good smell of race better sound of 03 cobra with race gas and no muffers or cats orgazmic

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Obiefox said:
I don't think the X-pipe is worth much more than 5-7 hp on our cars. Many guys are making big power with the stock H-pipe. I would spend the money on a chip and pulley.

Good luck,
Kevin
I totally agree,,Money better spent elsewhere.The Stock H pipe flows well and i think sounds better ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts