Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running Bassani X pipe without cats? Sounds great, but is too loud for my daily driver. Baffles are out. I'm gonna repack baffles w/good quality glass, re-install, then see if it helps any.

MJ

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I just put on the bassani O/X and bassani cat-back.(Thanks Harry) Those tips are huge and will take some getting used too. I love the sound except at certain times it seems a little raspy. Maybe I just need to break it in so to speak or get those Headers to smooth the sound out.

G

·
You will get use to those tips easy. Now everytime I see my dad's 03 Cobra with the Steeda Catback(Borla)...I think..man are those tips too small for the exhaust cutout. The Bassani to me are just right.

Get the headers :)

Hot Rod(good at getting people to spend money)Harry :)
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm trying, I'm trying. I'm waiting for Bassani to "officially" release them.... :mad:

·
Registered
449 Posts
does the headers come with the x-pipe and how much are he header.thank

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Not to flame anyone or any product but anything over a 3-1/2 tip on the cobra reminds me of a chevy truck with huge exhaust tips, not to mention "certain" peoples systems have the tips cut straight off instead of slant cut, hell even the big chevy trucks atleast do have the tips slant cut!!! Just my opinion but anything over 3-1/2 is just to big. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
trey193 said:
Not to flame anyone or any product but anything over a 3-1/2 tip on the cobra reminds me of a chevy truck with huge exhaust tips, not to mention "certain" peoples systems have the tips cut straight off instead of slant cut, hell even the big chevy trucks atleast do have the tips slant cut!!! Just my opinion but anything over 3-1/2 is just to big. :)
I didn't realize how big they were going to be either. When I first saw them I had the same thoughts as you, but slowly they will grow on me i'm sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MJ said:
Anyone running Bassani X pipe without cats? Sounds great, but is too loud for my daily driver. Baffles are out. I'm gonna repack baffles w/good quality glass, re-install, then see if it helps any.

MJ
Baffles won't help you brother.

You're running an offroad pipe and expecting to quiet it down....

do yourself a favor and buy the cat pipes and install them. You can call Bassani direct. Tell them you bought it, but hit something and need:

2 cat sections
4 stainless clamps

should be about $220.00

That will make it better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally love the bassani tips. I sure love mine. They fit the Cobra perfectly and give it a, im ganna eat you biotch!, kinda look. Of coruse of you like the half inch 1.8L Honda tail pipes that is totally up to you! ;)
(Yes, harry is very good at getting people to spend money :cool: )

·
Registered
207 Posts
I took the baffles out of my bassani catback earlier and it sounds much smoother with them out IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts