Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who have been following the posts. Now that we have seen the possibility for more power by upgrading the inlet on a Whipple 2.3 we will be designing and producing a cold air intake to use the monoblade inlet and throttle body as well. Please enjoy the video of our R&D testing!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realized that I forgot to change the front of my video to reflect that we actually ended up using the twin 75mm inlet for the final test. We ran into some restriction problems with our cold air kit for the mono blade set up which are being worked on for future testing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great work guys! So will you be testing a 15-17 psi car to determine what gains are can be had with the single blade inlet/tb?

Also, what upgrades are needed for for this (MAF, Fuel Rails, etc)

·
Registered
816 Posts
nice gains.. looks like if you went all the way to 7k, you would see some major gains.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Behemoth 2.3 Dyno Graphs

The car used for testing was a stock engine 2003 Cobra with a 4R70W automatic conversion and strait axle rear end. All tests were performed with a 3.2 upper pulley and a 6lb lower. Timing and A/F for all runs were set up the same. Below are some dyno graphs to show the results of our tests. Enjoy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We would like to thank BPE for all their hard work :tip:

We would also like to thank Richo for letting us use his car as a guinea pig:beerchug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry for being PITA but could someone actually write out the gains, my work(Military) blocked out the dyno sheets, and the only way I will get to see them I when I get home in NOV and I would like to know more by then!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Not to be a dick but it looks like the gain was their due to the Blips in the graph on the tq side at least. Im sure once it figured out it will put down a smooth curve gain. But for 23 rwhp gain and not a whole lot in the curve at this early stage of testing it does not seem like a worth while purchase price. Cant wait to see more tests though they might change my mind. Also how is a mono Blade restrictive compared to a dual twin ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yea i ain't no tuner but i would like to know what the spikes are from. Hopefully injected will clean this up and give use a breakdown on the differences.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For all of you with questions about the waves in the graphs, I have written this at the bottom lefthand corner of the previous dyno graph.

Please excuse the low end portion of this graph, tuning was not complete. This was for testing and comparison only. Final tuning of the low end MAF curve was not completed because the inlet will be changed again for more R&D testing.

That being said below is an additional graph that is more smooth than the previous one (tuning on this vehicle is still not complete). Also much of the gain was made from 4500rpm to about 6000rpm (almost 40rwhp and 30rwtq in some places) Enjoy!

I saw a question about boost and gas: The car was tuned on 93oct pump gas and made a peak of about 21psi (the Behemoth picked up between .5 and 1.5psi from 4500 to 6000) Only other mods to this car were a 4R70W auto trans and strait axle rearend.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Why have you got the smoothing set on 5 for the first two graphs, and then 0 for the rest? I am sure the waves are helping boost the gains up in the third graph compared to the first and second.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts