Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking ahead guys just in case. What Bellhousing is required to run a G-Force and/or Jerrico tranny. I guess a better question is what all is necessary to run such a tranny? Right now I have a TKO 5-speed, Mcleod Sof-Lok clutch, Lakewood bell housing and Aluminum Motorsport driveshaft. thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
Chad, I am relatively certain that the bellhousing you are currently using will work, same with the driveshaft.. You are just going to have to specify which yoke you will need.

Ben

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben, I really had no idea. I figured they required their own special bell. If not, then this is great news. Maybe Mike will chime in on his setup. I wander what tranny he is using?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jerico

Chad,

I have a Jerico DR4. I'm using a typical Lakewood bell. I have a custom driveshaft. The output yoke is from a TH-400. Either one of those trannies will require you to do some tunnel "re-modeling" to clear the shifter linkage. If you decide you want to put one in, let me know. I am still looking to find an auto that will hold up to the abuse of 11,000 rpm shifts! :evil :evil :evil :evil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts