Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be able to put on my 6lb lower and 3.5" alt.pulley and 90mm Billetflow idler and get my car tuned (BY JLP OF COURSE) Am I right with the 2.80 upper a 78" belt should work:confused: Pete do you know, and thanks for the dump valve mod it was right on time.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
That should work as I'm using a 77.5 with a 6 lower, 2.7 upper, stock alt pulley and 100mm idler.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim I have a 77.5 and a 78.0 hope it works or I'll have troubles getting to Johnny's tomorrow. I wish I could run with you guys on sat. You might want to give Metco a call and get that alternator pulley. It makes sense the way they explained it. It will pull some power over using that alternator like we do with the stock pulley and big lowers

·
Registered
661 Posts
One of those belts should work, You should remove the tensoiner stop, Just chisel it off, Have fun , If you need just call
nitro John also has belts @ jlp

G

·
nitrous pete said:
One of those belts should work, You should remove the tensoiner stop, Just chisel it off, Have fun , If you need just call
nitro John also has belts @ jlp
Yep.....you can just use a screwdriver and hammer...worked for me. Start hammering on the smaller end of the stop.

Hot Rod
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
440 Posts
Source of Gatorback belts.

Hi.

I assume the belt lengths you guys are talking about with the Metco 6 Lb lower is with the idler on the lower position. I have on order a 4080797 for a 2 lb lower, 3.1 upper, Metco 100 MM idler., and lower idler on the upper position for max. belt wrap.

A good source of belts who can order direct from goodyear is Tire Warehouse and AutoParts.

GoodYear has the following belts available.

Mike69440

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang Cobra Coupe.

(Just waiting in the barn for April 1!)

Mods:
Holley 222-1 Air Filter
170 Deg Thermostat.
MM full length subs

QMP 3" 304 S/S exhaust With Cats

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24309&highlight=QMP+Exhaust
Amazon Diablo 2 program w/ single burn street Chip
Amazon/ Razor 3.10 upper pulley

Royal Purple Lubes Everywhere
Water Wetter in Intercooler

BilletFlow Throttle Body

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.phpthreadid=25834
Metco #2 lb & 4 lb lower pulley kit

Metco 100MM upper idler with lightened modified bracket.

Reinforced the Rear Seat delete kit with added trunk bulkhead for a kind of sweet big Rotie/lab mix.

Amazon Stage 1 Filter kit
Amazon Diablo 2 program race/street Chip
Denso Iridium plugs IT-20's

On order:

Gatorback belt # 4080797

·
Registered
75 Posts
while were on the subject, I need a 77 or 78 asap. I just got done installing my #4 lower, (already had a 2.93 upper) and I have a 79 that didn't fit. I have a race next wednesday thats why I need it fast. does anybody know who stocks them?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Call Goodyear

Gatorback 8 rib K pitch belts
Direct NH Distributor for Goodyear is Tire Warehouse & Auto Parts
http://www.tirewarehouse.net/

Goodyear Help Line

1-(800)-869-0435

Goodyear NE Rep is Bob Allison 508-378-1406

Another
Mass Source: