Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is yours?

I did a best of 1.69 on sunday... is that good??

ok here is the slip...I am not happy tho... I missed 3rd, and think with these short times I had a mid 11 sec run..... what do ya think? btw this eliminated me... missing the damn gear

Oh yea...... i'm on the right!

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
OK j69gordon, I see you've been pimpin' this new 60' time on a couple of boards... Are you going to let us know HOW you were able to pull this off? I can cut pretty consistant 60' times (2.0) and my best is a 1.9. How the HELL did you manage a 1.699???? Please divulge your technic!

U.M.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I saw Haveight get a low 1.7 on F-1's last year........which is far from a 1.69, you deserve a beer man, that is friggin incredible.

--Joe

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
Thats awesome dude! Man..imagine what your short times will be with a set of Nitto's or BFG's drag radials!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Neither Harry... 17" ET streets on the way!

G

·
Did you put different axles in? Or are you going to run the stocks for abit and see what gives? I am thinking of the same move to the ET's. But wasnt sure if I should purchase the beefier axles and such.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna run it till it breaks.. i really think the shafts will take me al the way past 1.40 60' times before giving... I don't have any wheel hop, and I am not violent while launching.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
imo as far as street tires go, the f1's hook better than anything i've ever used other than a DR

the lightning guys are cutting consistent low 1.8's at 46 to 4800 lbs

·
Registered
674 Posts
j69gordon: PLEASE fill us in if you've found a few secrets (tire pressure, slip the clutch, launch RPM...etc).

You've proven your giving nature in the past with the button head bolts, please keep the good faith going for your Cobra brothers. :)

Your Cobra Pal, Mosconiac :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mosconiac said:
j69gordon: PLEASE fill us in if you've found a few secrets (tire pressure, slip the clutch, launch RPM...etc).

You've proven your giving nature in the past with the button head bolts, please keep the good faith going for your Cobra brothers. :)

Your Cobra Pal, Mosconiac :)
No secrets here..... 24psi, 3k launch, quick release of the clutch (NOT sidestep) go peddle to the floor..... shift ... repeat.... lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts