Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

What are some reputable shops to go to in MD? I'm suspecting up north where I see loads and loads of Modular stangs. In MC, I just see alot of the Foxes and few modulars.

GEARS! I'm trying to get gears installed, but everywhere I go is costing over $500! I hear of people getting their gears professionally installed for 200-250. Where can I find these shops or mechanics.

I may need help with installing cams soon as well. Anyways, if any shops or private mechanics come to mind, let me know.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A shop did it for 225. There is some whine, but not as loud as a friend who went to a gas station. Great price. Dudes not exactly great with customer service, but seems very knowledgeable.
I went to the same shop to have cams installed but I don't know if the dude Fked it up, or if my springs were just completely worned. I'm finding out tommorow. I don't want to speculate anything right now without the proper info.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Hmm, hope u get that figured out!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bap

To make a long story short, my car had run perfectly prior to installation of cams. I got new cams for modification purposes only.

During installation, Billy said my springs were terribly worn and needed to be replaced because a retainer popped off. If my springs were that worn, I'd have serious power, compression and smoke issues. I had none of these issues. At first, I thought Billy simply messed up the installation, and was trying to use a fcked up excuse. Now I'm convinced he simply expected me to pay extra for installation of new springs.

Billy didn't charge me extra for the installation of the new springs. He even degreed them. The only complaint I have is that I keep having to adjust my TB, which may be expected considering my car never had a tune before.

Overall, not bad. I was mad at first, but Billy countered great with exceptional service. Not a great experience, but not bad either.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know any good Stang Mechanics in area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts