Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get some feedback to find out what the best blower piston/rings are. I'm going with a 17cc dish, but am interested in what brands/models are best suited for forced induction. I do plan on ultimately running up to about 20psi or so. I'm going with Manley rods as they have proven themselves in the 03 Cobra, but just not sure on the pistons/rings. I have heard Diamonds are good...

·
Registered
227 Posts
ive heard that CP and JE are the best in the industry...i have probe pistons in my car and havent had anyproblem and they looked to be high quality.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you guys notice any more noise when you went with the forged pistons? I have heard that forged pistons generate more noise than the hypertechnic crap. I have heard that the Diamonds are quieter than the other guys...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice stuff you got there! That's the same setup I'm going with, minus the cams.

May I ask where and for how much you bought the rods/pistons/rings/wrist pins for?

Also, what type of brand/type of rings did you get?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Check out Diamondracing.net. go under pistons, and look under forced induction and modular. I think you'll get some answers there. From wynnespeed the pistons, rings, pins and spirolox are about $560. The diamonds are quieter and have a thicker deck on them with nice oil hole in the ring land to increase oiling . I run them in my 99Gt S/C.

·
Registered
802 Posts
fly boy said:
Check out Diamondracing.net. go under pistons, and look under forced induction and modular. I think you'll get some answers there. From wynnespeed the pistons, rings, pins and spirolox are about $560. The diamonds are quieter and have a thicker deck on them with nice oil hole in the ring land to increase oiling . I run them in my 99Gt S/C.
I don't know if he's looking for a dished piston or not but that's aweful cheap if he is. I paid that much just for pistons alone (19cc dished). Rings were another $130.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Shop around for 19cc dished Diamonds. I'd like to see this great deal. Not saying you can't find them cheaper but I don't buy from the "cheap" guy. I buy from my tuner/engine builder-the guy that's gonna' be there to answer my questions.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dido. That's why if you read my post I bought mine at Wynnespeed. I would recommend them or Livernois. The gentlemen that started this thread is running a Cobra which runs a bigger cc head chamber than our 43cc GT's. So, If he ran a 19cc dish piston he would not be very happy with the results. Like I said before Go to www.diamondracing.net If you bought your's at Steeda then I do know why you paid more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would need 17cc to get 8.5:1 cr, correct? Do they charge more for deeper dishes? According to Wynnspeed's advertisment in 5.0, the Diamond forged pistons are only $549 and so are the Manly H-Beam rods. Excellent prices if you ask me and seems like a pretty reputable place.

I can't stand companies that try and gouge people making them think it's a good price. That's why I always shop around. The part is the same whether you buy it from your builder or from a "discount" store. I'm going to be getting my engine built, so they would have answers for me anyways, whether I buy the part from them or not. A $100 here and there really makes a different in the end when you're strapped for cash. If you're not, then more power to you! Even if I was rich, I think I'd still shop around, because I like I said earlier, I can't stand vendors that think they can gouge people. Take a look at SHM. They are waaay expensive!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
19cc on a 2v get's you about 8.5-1. On a cobra you will have to call and ask for Kevin at Wynnespeed, he would be able to tell you. 1-877-996-6375. Kit comes with pistons, spirolox, and pins. Rings are about 45-50.

·
Registered
802 Posts
fly boy said:
Dido. That's why if you read my post I bought mine at Wynnespeed. I would recommend them or Livernois. The gentlemen that started this thread is running a Cobra which runs a bigger cc head chamber than our 43cc GT's. So, If he ran a 19cc dish piston he would not be very happy with the results. Like I said before Go to www.diamondracing.net If you bought your's at Steeda then I do know why you paid more.
www.livernoismotorsports.com is where I bought mine. I don't buy anything from Wynnespeed and I'm sure you know why. If you'll read my post you'll see that I said IF he is looking for 19 cc dished pistons.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts