Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see many cold air induction bolt ons that state 10+ hp without a tune. Even some of the mags state a dyno increase without a tune (Airaid). I don't want to tune to stay under my warranty and don't want any question of the engine develops issue later

I have a 2011 GT 5.0

What is the best one without re-tuning that you have seen/heard of?
Thanks
njg

· Registered
1,368 Posts
To be honest I would save the money spent on the CAI and put it towards exhaust and suspension. The tune is where it is at on these cars. The CAI's make very little difference and have been proven as such at the track.

· Banned
202 Posts
I didn't pick up shit. Save your money for something else. The only people who claim these big HP gains are the ones who have something to sell you.
Did you data log and ensure power wasn't being clipped?

A WMS intake just showed up today.
I'm tempted to track test it first, simply load in the SCT value file, log and adjust if necessary, then throw it on the dyno later and see if it responds to TiVCT changes.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I'll probably be putting my Airaid CAI up for sale and ordering the Boss intake coupler for my stock airbox.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
I'll probably be putting my Airaid CAI up for sale and ordering the Boss intake coupler for my stock airbox.
Ahem...

I never did bother with a CAI. ;)

· Registered
1,368 Posts

· Registered
1,108 Posts

· Registered
1,108 Posts
George is it time to get it back to the track?
I keep seeing cars with mods similar to mine going 40s, so I'm thinking I need a new slip.

:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.