Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Great MODmotor forum. It's good to see there are a few really bad ass 2V's posting to the forums here.

Well my question is what would be the best cam upgrade for my 97 2v. I would like to not have to change valve springs if I dont have to, so nothing to high lift if possible

·
Registered
257 Posts
I use to run SHM cams, they were $800 a set when I got em. I never broke springs or had issues with needing lash caps. My power gains were good and they had a nice lope.

BTW- The gains were 57RWHP on ported SVO Heads and also bumping Compression to 10:1 motor.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Comp cams are also a good choice ,plus you can get custom grinds at no extra charge.They make some good grinds for the 98 back crowd.But i personally think the 550 lift is the best way to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
white99gt said:
Comp cams are also a good choice ,plus you can get custom grinds at no extra charge.They make some good grinds for the 98 back crowd.But i personally think the 550 lift is the best way to go.
Thanks much for your reply. I pretty much decieded to go with stock 01 PI's for my current daily driver, but I'm also assembling parts for a boosted forged 2v motor. Are most of you guys running boost going with a custom grind Comp cam or.... I read im a couple of posts where CobraKiller and Jim V are running what appear to be custom grinds. I'm not a cam expert and am just trying to get an idea on what might work the best on a boosted 2v as well.

Thanks again frlo your reply:cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
myhorsedollar said:
. Are most of you guys running boost going with a custom grind Comp cam or.... I read im a couple of posts where CobraKiller and Jim V are running what appear to be custom grinds. I'm not a cam expert and am just trying to get an idea on what might work the best on a boosted 2v as well.

Thanks again frlo your reply:cool:
Comp cams will help you out with the perfect cam for your setup. However, there is a difference between which cam you should use if your going to add a S/C. Just something to think about before you decide what your gonna do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought 01 PI cams for my 972V. Hoping to get decent numbers..and by decent at least 10hp/10tq.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts