Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Best D/R or Slick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want a know everyones opinion on what tire is the stickyous in all conditions and what sizes. I personally like a 28in x 11.00 or wider width.

mofasta

·
GearBanger Extraordinaire
1,006 Posts
mickey thompson or m&h people have great success with. i use mickey's et street slicks 26x16x11 and they work for me and my car hooks with no suspension work.
do a search with the search tool.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Ya don't really have all that much HP to worry all that much about traction. Hoosier QTP work amazingly well on the street with over 300rwhp more than you.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hoosier full slicks have set MANY Terminator records.

·
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Q/T Pro's

Hoosier full slicks have set MANY Terminator records.
I've got a set of hoosier Q/T pro's 26x10.50-15 how you think they would do ?

mofasta

·
Registered
885 Posts
For a sticky street tire with no regard to tread life I haven't found a better tire than the Hoosier DR. I ran the 335/35/17. Hooked a 1.5 at the track and won several races that I prob would have lost if not for the hole shot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
For a sticky street tire with no regard to tread life I haven't found a better tire than the Hoosier DR. I ran the 335/35/17. Hooked a 1.5 at the track and won several races that I prob would have lost if not for the hole shot.
I could not have said it better! My best is a 1.63 on a 275/50/15! Their Drag Radial is awesome!

·
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttttt.thank you

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have seen some fast cars on the mickey thompson drag radials they work awesome plus I have them also. Fairly good tread life to.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Alright since this thread gets a lot of hits.

How about a true slick for a 16" Bogart? I've looked and can't find much. I'm hoping I overlooked something and there's one out there. Gotta be 28"s tall too. I've got 28" QTP's now but would rather just have a slick. My car doesn't launch well at all and I need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Alright since this thread gets a lot of hits.

How about a true slick for a 16" Bogart? I've looked and can't find much. I'm hoping I overlooked something and there's one out there. Gotta be 28"s tall too. I've got 28" QTP's now but would rather just have a slick. My car doesn't launch well at all and I need all the help I can get.
This is all you get Brian.......Only one true slick in 28".

Rear Tire Slick Options - 16" Rims:
Hoosier Full Slick....................28.0/10.0-16
Hoosier QTP..........................26 X 9.50-16 LT
............................................28 X 11.50-16 LT
MT ET Drags..........................None
MT ET Streets.......................26X10.50-16LT
...........................................26X11.50-16LT
...........................................28X11.50-16LT
M & H Racemaster-Full..........26 x 12-16
M & H Racemaster-Cheater....26 x 12-16

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thanks IronTerp

Alright the QTP"s are 11.5" wide and the full slick is only 10"s. Will it still hook better? Then if it does will it have more "sway" to it on the top end? Plus I drive my car 45 minutes of interstate to the track so would it still be fine? In good weather of course.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Thanks IronTerp

Alright the QTP"s are 11.5" wide and the full slick is only 10"s. Will it still hook better? Then if it does will it have more "sway" to it on the top end? Plus I drive my car 45 minutes of interstate to the track so would it still be fine? In good weather of course.
They wear pretty qiuck. I wouldn't drive that far in them.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hmm guess I will keep the ones I have now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm hoping to run a 10.80 on the 17" MT bias ply et streets (stock IRS/6 speed). . ? anyone have experience on these?

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
I'm hoping to run a 10.80 on the 17" MT bias ply et streets (stock IRS/6 speed). . ? anyone have experience on these?
Just watch your launch. 17in ET Streets are NOT forgiving. They have a nasty habit of breaking axles in IRS and solid axle applications

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did someone really vote for Nitto's? That shit shouldn't even be a choice. They are barely better than a street tire.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts