Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried everything Thursday night to get my car to hook, well guess what it didn't! Best 60' was a 1.911. I left around 3,5 - 4k every pass. Tried slipping the clutch, dumping it nothing worked. I think the track prep was garbage too. I tried everything from 11psi -15psi....Is this too low? I know that if you go too low the middle of the tire bows inward but i couldn't hook with 15psi aswell. I did notice when i was driving it home with 33 psi it hooked a helluvalot better....I did get my highest MPH to date 119.39 going 12.04...made 3 12.0 runs. I'm a little dissapionted in the fact that i haven't broken into the 11's yet,but i know it's got a mid to low 11 in it with some traction. I have Nitto 275 Drags on it !

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I always ran 18 at the track with a good burnout on the 315 Nitto's. But remember....most cars will always hook up better on the street than the track. Unless you are running a slick. Thats what the surface of most starting lines at the track are setup for.
So, I did find that 18 lbs of air pressure was best at the track. I ran 23 on the street for having fun and 28 when taking a longer cruise....which didnt happen much with me.

Also....just try reving the motor between 2k and 3k...like on a bike and when the last amber comes on....go....seemed to work on a slippery track always with me. Its sort of like slipping the clutch..but not quite.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Depending on what drag radial you are using it varies, I know Broke7 has had great luck with 15lbs in 2754017 BFG Drags. By the way what pulley were you running to achieve those times? Your car is a mid to low 11 second car with a descent 60!

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trey193 said:
Depending on what drag radial you are using it varies, I know Broke7 has had great luck with 15lbs in 2754017 BFG Drags. By the way what pulley were you running to achieve those times? Your car is a mid to low 11 second car with a descent 60!
I'm running the 2.93right now but i have a 2.76 for the cooer weather n slicks. Tuned by Larocca's.....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I experimented with some different pressures and as tery mentioned I have found a good burnout and 15psi works real good slipping the clutch out at 4000. 80% of depends on track prep, if the track is cold, and ricers have dragged water out and tracked it out onto the launch area...good luck my friend.

On my 1.64 run I think I launched in the 4500 area, I was growin a set of nuts, and it worked. I got lucky and pulled in behind a top alcohol car. heheheheheh

·
Registered
309 Posts
In going really low with pressure, what about the tire spinning on the rim. Have you seen much of this. 2 of my friends running DR's, have both experienced excessive movement on the rim, going under 16-17psi. Anyone else experience this.

I don't want ot hijack the thread. Just figured since everyone is talking about tire pressure, tire to wheel movement should be considered as well.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I never chalked mine...have to try it here soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts