Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i need lt headers for a 07 N/A looking for the best top end posible mods are JLT cai, custom tune, 4.30 gears, manual trans, hooker catback, i'm looking for brand and primaries size i'm looking to increase MPH in top end and rpm's it has enough low end torque! looking for top end
the tune has 30° total timing and 12.5-12.6 AFR

Options please!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got Bassani EVERYTHING other than the headers... race cats, x-pipe, etc... so I'd also like to know this since obviously headers are next

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought as long as they are 1 5/8 primaries on LTs you would be ok for N/A otherwise you want 1 3/4s for FI apps. Someone correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
737 Posts
Xeenox - You are correct stay with the 1 - 5/8th inch headers unless you plan on doing some major ported heads with some big cam's or F.I.

IMHO - The best headers are American Racing Heders . But they are expensive. According to several magazine and independant shop tests though, on a otherwise stock mustang MAC Lt's make the most HP and Torque. MAC's are also way cheaper than most and they all come ceramic coated. But some have had fitment and quality issues with MAC in the past where as ARH does not have quality or fitment issues and are one of the top when making horespower on a mildly modded to wildy modded car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm buying 1 3/4'' to support big cams + heads.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah everyone has their preference...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts