Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I can get you a brand new blower by itself for $4,000, email me if you are interested.
Anything NECESSARY for the install of that blower besides the tune? I mean are there any parts I would need to purchase like bolts/gaskets etc?
Derek

·
Registered
26 Posts
With the TVS you use stock bolts and gaskets. (Acutally there's a gasket imbedded in the intake manifold and you just leave it there.) The only thing you may need is shorter EGR bolts, which come with some kits. Mine didn't need them.

Outlaw I would jump on Justin's offer. That's a killer price.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
With the TVS you use stock bolts and gaskets. (Acutally there's a gasket imbedded in the intake manifold and you just leave it there.) The only thing you may need is shorter EGR bolts, which come with some kits. Mine didn't need them.

Outlaw I would jump on Justin's offer. That's a killer price.
Great price!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anything NECESSARY for the install of that blower besides the tune? I mean are there any parts I would need to purchase like bolts/gaskets etc?
Derek
Derek,

I just put a TVS on. See link below for pics of the install. One pic actually shows the rubber gasket that was mentioned. The TVS is a direct bolt-on. I had mine off and on in less than 3hrs. Depending if you get a upper and lower pulley (Like I have) you may need bigger injectors and a Boost-a-pump (Like I did :). Anything less than that your OEM injectors and fuel pump should be fine. And, of course you'll need a re-tune. As for the EGR bolts, the stock bolts will work. But, I wish I got smaller ones. Smaller ones didn't come with my blower, so I ended up using a couple of washers. Even though the EGR holes in the TVS blow are tapped all the way threw, the bolts where getting very tight so I added a couple of washers to eliminate the risk of breaking the bolts off in the blower....I'm really happy with the numbers the TVS produced...! And, it still has the stock look...!

http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=127532

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice pics. I am still torn however. I have always wanted a Whipple. I know that either will do what I want it to do so it comes down to which one is the best price, and that includes with the tuning and likelihood for problems. Justin, your thoughts? I know you have the TVS but have tuned Jared's Whipple, if you had to do it all over again and the prices were the same for the base unit which one would you do?
Derek

Derek,

I just put a TVS on. See link below for pics of the install. One pic actually shows the rubber gasket that was mentioned. The TVS is a direct bolt-on. I had mine off and on in less than 3hrs. Depending if you get a upper and lower pulley (Like I have) you may need bigger injectors and a Boost-a-pump (Like I did :). Anything less than that your OEM injectors and fuel pump should be fine. And, of course you'll need a re-tune. As for the EGR bolts, the stock bolts will work. But, I wish I got smaller ones. Smaller ones didn't come with my blower, so I ended up using a couple of washers. Even though the EGR holes in the TVS blow are tapped all the way threw, the bolts where getting very tight so I added a couple of washers to eliminate the risk of breaking the bolts off in the blower....I'm really happy with the numbers the TVS produced...! And, it still has the stock look...!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Nice pics. I am still torn however. I have always wanted a Whipple. I know that either will do what I want it to do so it comes down to which one is the best price, and that includes with the tuning and likelihood for problems. Justin, your thoughts? I know you have the TVS but have tuned Jared's Whipple, if you had to do it all over again and the prices were the same for the base unit which one would you do?
Derek
derck pm me and I'll tell you the same info I gave Rob......

·
VMP Tuning
2,911 Posts
Dhof...I am definitely a power junky, but I don't always like taking the easy route (my other car is a V6 that has gone 10s). I love the fitment of the TVS, the low end TQ, and the fact that it does not require a hood or engine drop. It's tough, but I would have to say the TVS would win out for me slightly, if the cost was the same.

Are you coming this sun? If you hang around until the show is winding down I'll probably have time to take you for a ride in my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Derek,

Hey rob nice install. Regarding the EGR bolts, I know it's a little late but did you put high-temp thread sealer on the bolts? Putting that on helps two-fold, as it seals the threads (because the bosses are drilled into the chamber) and it lubes them for easy install. The permatex stuff has PFTE in it so they go in real easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.