Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there

Well I've got my new 18" wheels on the car with Goodyear F1 Assymetric 275/18/35 tyres all round and well to be frank the gap in the arches is quite noticable and I'd like to drop the car a little more.

The car is a Saleen so its running the Saleen racecraft springs which I believe give approx 1" drop or a little less.

So what springs offer more of a drop over the Saleen racecraft springs, but at the same time offer as good handling or even better as the car is used for corner carving and is used daily.

My car also has the Tokico D-Spec's so a spring well matched to those for handling that drops the car around 1.5" would be ideal, so whats recommended guys?

Also car is used daily so need a spring which gives a good compliant ride and is not too harsh.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eibach SportLines FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI there

How much of a drop do these give?
How well do the ride, is ride quality still good and are they good for handling road course.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Saleen springs are made by Vogtland which drop the car about 1.2 inches from a factory GT. If you drop the car anymore than 1.5 inches from a factory GT stance you will not have enough suspension travel along with altering your geometry to a point that the suspension will not work properly. If you are looking for a decent ride with decent handling you are better off sticking with your current setup.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Saleen springs are made by Vogtland which drop the car about 1.2 inches from a factory GT. If you drop the car anymore than 1.5 inches from a factory GT stance you will not have enough suspension travel along with altering your geometry to a point that the suspension will not work properly. If you are looking for a decent ride with decent handling you are better off sticking with your current setup.
Hi there

Thats good to know when you say going more than 1.5" drop is not recommended due to germetry is it still the same case for cars that have castor, camber adjustment top mounts installed, X5 balljoints and bumpsteer kit along with adjustable UCA and adjustable LCA's

·
Registered
119 Posts
HI there

How much of a drop do these give?
How well do the ride, is ride quality still good and are they good for handling road course.
Hey

Ride quality is great, handling is AWESOME!!! I don't have actual numbers of the drop, but it relieves the car of that 4x4 look! lol Good luck on your decision! :tip:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Eibach sportlines and pro kits are crap ! .....I hate progressive rate spings and there to low for real road racing !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow. Well I love mine. With my Nitto555's my car tunrs on a dime.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eibach sportlines and pro kits are crap ! .....I hate progressive rate spings and there to low for real road racing !
Hi there

Why do you say this?
What springs would you recommend m8?

When you say road racing do you mean drag strip or carving corners, because its carving corner ability I want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts