Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know everyone's opinions/loyalties, likes/dislikes about the plethora of tranny fluids out there.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
I use the Redline Dexron III Mercon ATF. I have used Royal Purple ATF in the past with good success, as well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Back in 2002, I'd asked about putting GM synchromesh into a T45 in my old '00 GT. Below was a post I put in another website a long time ago.

I used it and it worked pretty well. But the constant feeling of using manual tranny fluid in tranny that requires AFT bugged me. So I contacted Tremec. They said do not use Synchromesh. Here is the reply:

"Derek,

For the long term durability of the transmission you are better off to stay with the recommended ATF. Due to it's impact on the synchronizer material it is not recommended that you use the GM Synchromesh. If you want to use a synthetic and take advantage of their properties we would point you toward the Mobil 1 product.

If you have further questions please contact us.

TTC Tech line"

So just in case, I pulled it out and put Red Line synthetic ATF. Shifts just as good. This was for my 2000's T45 tranny. I dont know what their reply would be for a 3650 tranny.
Since our T56 calls for ATF, I just use Mobil Synthetic ATF.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic ATF.

Twin Turbo Mike, the Hygard is only a TO-2 Spec. oil.
Look into a TO-5 Spec. oil (Far Superior)

Eric

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pennzoil syncromesh

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had the best luck out of Mobil 1 ATF. I'm a Mobil 1 man though. I got it in the motor, trans, and the rearend. I wonder if they make brake fluid??? :dunno2:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have used Mobil 1 products since 1976 and have never had a lubricant related problem ever!
That includes dirt bikes, street bikes, cars, trucks, lawnmowers, air compressors and boats.

Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts