Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be buying my 03 in a few months and was wondering what shop you guys go to preferbly in the Los Angeles area...
-Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chicane Sport Tuning in Torrance. Phone (310)782-0063 or Web www.chicanesport.com. They did Global West subframe connectors and installed my Bassani exhaust for me when other shops would not. Excellent quality work and they do not mind if you stand around and watch. They also do not seem to mind if you buy parts from somewhere else and have them do the installation. No dyno, but they work with Swanson's which is also very close. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know that they dont care about installing parts bought else where since they dont seem to have a large inventory on the www. Any other recommendations people ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im curious to know, who has the ablility to install and tune a Kenne Bell for a 2003 Cobra? I dont have a 03 yet, but i plan to, and just wondering who can install and tune one when the time comes? thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my Cobra in September from Mills Ford in Anaheim. I paid MSRP which was $34,750, plus tax and license. At the time, every dealer was asking $5000 to $10000 additional dealer mark-up, so I was happy with MSRP. I do not know what the current price would be on a Cobra in Southern California, but I have seen some dealers with no additional mark-up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Desertracer said:
Chicane Sport Tuning in Torrance. Phone (310)782-0063 or Web www.chicanesport.com. They did Global West subframe connectors and installed my Bassani exhaust for me when other shops would not. Excellent quality work and they do not mind if you stand around and watch. They also do not seem to mind if you buy parts from somewhere else and have them do the installation. No dyno, but they work with Swanson's which is also very close. Highly recommended.
Joe will send you over to Danny Swanson or to Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach. I went w/ PTD because Steve answered all my Qs w/ confidence. Danny Swanson had to go to a mIRC chatroom to ask for help w/ my application. That had my just a little concerned. I was pulled down 295ish w/ my stock 96 2V EEC. After PTD did the tuning I got the #s in my sig. He knows his stuff and he even took me to lunch b/c I had to wait a while for them to finish an S/C install before my car...
http://www.powertraindynamics.com/ (under construction)
714-379-0553
BTW, its just a couple minutes from the beach, so the weather's always nice:)

Darren

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also asked that, but no one answered. Still wondering too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
dspiel said:
any tuners with KB experience ?
I dont have an 03, so forgive me if this is way off. Why does it matter what blower you have on your car to the tuner? The tuner would use the same process to tune an 03 w/ a KB as he would a 98 4V w/ a twin turbo setup. Now obviously someone like Nitrous Pete, QMP, or JDM might get it done a little quicker, but I think any tuner that knows what he's doing in the first place would be able to extract the most out of your setup.

Darren

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well for me, im baiscally looking for the best tuner in Ca, perferably Nothern Cali. But i wouldnt mind driving, when i get my 03 (hopefully august) to get the best tune.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i used powertrain dynamics on my old gt. it put down 302rwhp/327rwtq N/A. they use autologic chips, I was one of the 1st to get 300rwhp with a 2v 4.6 PI heads motor, so i think they can tune pretty darn good.
I went with Shawn from socal diablo for my 03 cobra, he tuned my car and it runs great. i put down 440rwhp/465rwtq, with a slipping belt. he uses diablo chips. he has a 600rwhp stang, so he can tune his shlt!! plus great customer service!
Leon

·
Registered
385 Posts
46stang said:
i used powertrain dynamics on my old gt. it put down 302rwhp/327rwtq N/A. they use autologic chips, I was one of the 1st to get 300rwhp with a 2v 4.6 PI heads motor, so i think they can tune pretty darn good.
I went with Shawn from socal diablo for my 03 cobra, he tuned my car and it runs great. i put down 440rwhp/465rwtq, with a slipping belt. he uses diablo chips. he has a 600rwhp stang, so he can tune his shlt!! plus great customer service!
Leon
What city are you in? Do you ever go down to Carlsbad?

Darren

·
Registered
106 Posts
VeNoMiZeD said:
Well for me, im baiscally looking for the best tuner in Ca, perferably Nothern Cali. But i wouldnt mind driving, when i get my 03 (hopefully august) to get the best tune.
I have been told that Apex is the best in north cal. I'll be heading there in a few weeks for a new tune on my car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
46stang said:
he has a 600rwhp stang, so he can tune his shlt!! plus great customer service!
Leon, how is it that "he" can tune his sh!t, when it's not even him that's making the files? DiabloSport's tuners directly at DiabloSport make ALL the files contrary to what you've been told (DiabloSport products owners should be giving all the credit to Patrick and Willie of DiabloSport for their tuning). If Shawn had software in his hands to do his own tuning you'd see a few blown up Cobras, until he got the hang of it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I understand that they have the files. we ran my car on the dyno with one of the generic files to get a base pull! It was real lean as in 13-13.3 a/f ratio. He would call diablo and tell them to add fuel, they would rewrite it and send it to shawn, he would then burn it onto the chip. it took like 5-6 pulls before the a/f was near 12-1. then we messed with the timing. all in all i was on the dyno for like 3 hours. on the base pull my car was only making 409rwhp/426rwtq, 3hrs later 440rwhp/465rwtq, If thats not tuning a car then I'm :confused: He may not Write the actual programs but I think he did all right by me! Later,
Leon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Experience, experience, experience. SoCalDiablo <http://www.socaldiablo.com/> has more tuning time on and off the rollers than any authorized DiabloSport dealer west of the Rocky Mountains. Experience has lead to decreased turnaround times, safe but aggressive tunes and proven results.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts