Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a wideband a/f guage and was wondering which one is considered
the best.
Also where exactly should the bung be welded in on a stock exhaust system?
Before or after the cats?

I have aeroforce dual guage setup already but I think I want a stand alone guage not just an input to the aeroforce ones.

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
212 Posts
FYI- Autometer is offering a $50.00 rebate until the end of the month on thier Wideband AF readers

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like and have used the Innovate XD 16 with the LC-1 I believe imo it to be one of the top afr gauges out. The bung should be installed upstream of the cats between the exhaust header and the cat. It should be installed in the 9 o clock position if installing on the drivers side bank. You do not want it installed in the 6 o clock position. One other thing imo I would recommend when installing the bung if installing on the drivers side I would also install a bung on the passenger (while its down) so if you ever wanted to you could also check the passenger side bank afr in the future. Yes you would have to disconnect and switch the LC 1 over to the right bank but a least you have that option and can run a afr check on the passenger side bank.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like and have used the Innovate XD 16 with the LC-1 I believe imo it to be one of the top afr gauges out. The bung should be installed upstream of the cats between the exhaust header and the cat. It should be installed in the 9 o clock position if installing on the drivers side bank. You do not want it installed in the 6 o clock position. One other thing imo I would recommend when installing the bung if installing on the drivers side I would also install a bung on the passenger (while its down) so if you ever wanted to you could also check the passenger side bank afr in the future. Yes you would have to disconnect and switch the LC 1 over to the right bank but a least you have that option and can run a afr check on the passenger side bank.
+1 on the LC-1. I have been happy with mine so far. I got this one because I can view the AFR on my Livewire. Couldn't find out if it could even be done with the Autometer setup. Plus, there is no calibration feature with the Autometer so I wouldn't trust it at high altitudes or big humidity changes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right Eric.... I should have been more specific.
I meant consumer product since I don't plan on setting up a shop anytime soon :)

Thanks
Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts