Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an exhaust kit, sent payment electronically 2/5 was told the parts were shipped...NOT. I requested the tracking number several times but Scott McKinney could never poduce it. Sent e-mails, called and sent faxes cancelling the order but no response. I filed a complaint with the BBS; we'll see how this turns out.
Stay away from SMM Performance Parts!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered an exhaust kit, sent payment electronically 2/5 was told the parts were shipped...NOT. I requested the tracking number several times but Scott McKinney could never poduce it. Sent e-mails, called and sent faxes cancelling the order but no response. I filed a complaint with the BBS; we'll see how this turns out.
Stay away from SMM Performance Parts!
I am glad you are saying something. I have been all over the internet trying to make people aware of who this scam artist is. I used to work for him. He takes people's money and runs. I watched him do it daily. If you need any further information about this person and his business. Please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that guys. I hate when stuff like this happens. At least if it's one of our Vendors, I can get involved. 99BlkCobraVert, you really should dispute the charges on your credit card, I don't think it's too late. Best of luck to you guys.
It would be wise to not let him become a vendor. He puts on a great show when he's talking to you.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many people work at SMM?

·
Registered
119 Posts
How many people work at SMM?
one.... himself (20 yr old living in a duplex)

no store at all.... He wakes up when he feels like it and only answers the phone when he feels like it. When I worked for him, he lived at his grandmother's house. I would go over there every morning and have to wake him up at 9:00am.

The address he does give is a UPS store where he gets his mail.

Any other questions? I'll be glad to answer them!:bigwink:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. When I checked the BBB file it only showed 1 employee.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know....

He worked for his parents at their house. To make a long story short, He emptied their business bank account and put it in his own. He started his own business called SMM Performance vs SMM Enterprises. He switched all the phone numbers to his current one and basically put his parents out of business.....

Needless to say, he is not very welcomed by his own family. His parents kicked him out then moved in with his grandma (where i worked) and then got kicked out of there.... He's a real punk.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I'vve contacted Mike to see if he can/will help.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be happy to take that request just as soon as Scott McKinney gets my money refunded. It's been about 2 months. He sends a random e-mail every few weeks, but hasn't addressed the refund.

STAY AWAY from this company!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Elisa!

·
Registered
522 Posts
You might want to consider filing a criminal complait with the DA's office. In TX I believe it'e called "Theft By Deception", May also look into "Internet Fraud" charges. Hope this helps. Too many scumbags out there, sorry bout the language but people like this deserve everything they get.

·
Registered
522 Posts
might also go to the other boards he posts on and make his practices known....without malice of course. Like some criminals must make their whereabouts known, I think predators like this should also be publicly known. Esp in their own neiborhoods.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I say someone does all the people he screwed a favor and post his address. A good beaten is always a good tool for a refund.

I'm getting tired of all the scams online. I've almost been scammed twice in the last 2 months. Once on a Keyboard and just recently on a puppy. I asked many questions to uncover the scam. But some times you can't help but get screwed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's when the power of Unity comes in handy.I don't condone violence, ah BS in cases like this yeah I do. +1 for the azz whoopin.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a quote from th folks at SMM Enterprizes: "We are not affiliated in any way with SMM Performance Parts. SMM Performance Parts is owned by Scott McKinney, who used to work for us, but started his own company in May of 2007. We regret that we are unable to assist you, but we have nothing to do with his company or any transactions being conducted with SMM Performance Parts or Scott McKinney."

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One other note: I filed a complaint with the IN BBB, who closed the complaint as RESOLVED when they got an e-mail from Scott McKinney at SMM stating he would get with me on a refund ASAP.
That was dated 3/5....
I have no other correspondence from SMM.

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY from SMM!!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The address I have for Scott McKinney is: 2209 Valparaiso Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383 and phone number 219-241-1099.
How about some locals giving me some help with this??
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lot of statements...very little action!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope this thread will alert ANYONE who even has a thought of buying from SMM/ Scot McKinney to stay away and tell ALL their friends to do the same!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.