Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Maybe they should make cold weather model...<G>

· Registered
14 Posts
Guess I'll be removing Vortech from my potential supercharger list. Anyone other superchargers have this caveat?

· Registered
384 Posts
I've had a procharger since 2006. They have similar claims. Would bet they all do. If you are familiar with forced induction, you'll know that wot driving below 25* isn't really an option anyway. If winter operation is important, might rethink the whole idea anyway.

· Registered
384 Posts
Of course they do. I've been f/I since 2006, love it. Just saying that kind of power isn't fully utilized in cold weather anyway.

· Registered
106 Posts
I think its just this type of supercharger that has that warning on them. I dont recall ever seeing this on a GT500 manual, or on a turbo setup(turbos might not have them do to exhaust heating them up(enough) quickly.

· Registered
384 Posts
Procharger and Vortech have been around for a while with good results. Wouldn't be scared of either one. My car COULD be a daily driver. It's more if a toy though. Traction in rain and cold weather takes away from the fun.

· Registered
771 Posts
I always let the engine warm up for 5 minutes in below 30 degrees temps with my Saleen SC. Plus I don't boost too hard since the air is so thick and the cold thick air increases the HP so much, I just build to bits of boost for zip but don't take it all the way up the rpm range in the really cold weather. Erik

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The key to this is really simple.
Warm-Up before driving away.
And drive with common sense when it is really cold.
Let everything get up to {Operating} temperature.

tigerhonaker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.