Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally BFG came out with some 18" drags! Got them put on and can't wait for some track action. Waiting also for a 4 lb lower and Diablo program from Pete. Hope for 11's here at 6000 ft.

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
They look good...BADAZZ
.Let us know how they work..

·
Registered
5 Posts
sambandit-

Very nice looking car. Let me know when you plan on running at Bandimere, I would love to see your car in person.

Tyler

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the rims and Toyo Proxes through AFS. They were a great company to deal with. The price was somewhere around $2600. Got the drage for a Big O store in town. I think any tire store can order them! Tyler, give me a PM with your phone number, we're trying to set up a night where 5 or 6 of us 03's can get to Bandimere. We're also trying to set up a cruz for Saturday!

·
Registered
309 Posts
chillfactor said:
Price on BFGs.............And does any one know if you can run 17s in the front and 18s in the rear.
You can run different size rims and be fine. It is the overall tire diameter, or height, that you need to worry about. The tire height needs to be the same, otherwise you can get an ABS light on with a code set for wheel speed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey man I left you my cell number in the last PM. Im glad your local, I have to check your ride out. I love these 03's. Those tires look sick. I hope bandimere will let you in the 11's. Altitude it killer.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$310 per. I know it's alot but wtf.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Those tires look great!!! Where can we get some??? They've got to hook better than my Nitto Extreme's!!!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
18's all the way around chillfactor. I got these through a Big O store but you can get them through any tire store. Be sure to specify G/Force TA Drag Radials and not Comp TA Drag Radials!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally don't have those tires but at the track this Sunday at Bradenton there was a C5 Vette with those 18" BFG drags and he cutting consistent mid 1.7's on them. They hook very well and he was very happy with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
slobra281 said:
I personally don't have those tires but at the track this Sunday at Bradenton there was a C5 Vette with those 18" BFG drags and he cutting consistent mid 1.7's on them. They hook very well and he was very happy with them.
This is great news. Consistent 1.7s is pretty acceptable for an 18" tire I would think.....

I am probably asking for way too much here, but they must SUCK BAD in the rain with that really wide flat rubber middle section.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually just ran them in the rain. They weren't as bad as I though. No interstate driving mind you. Around town they felt no worse than the F1's. Just stay outta the boost and you're OK!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts