Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have to get some tires soon. I'm thinking of putting some BFG KDW's on the front and some BFG drag radials on back. I don't drive the car much (not in the rain unless I just happen to get caught) and on average, not on long drives. Is this a decent combo or should I go all four KDW? I just want something that will bite better but I'm concerned about the IRS if it happens to hook on a launch. I do have a brace on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
You should be fine. I don't really have experience with the DR KDWs, but I have KDW 2s in the rear and love them. They don't really grab when cold, but work great in the summer.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'm going to have to get some tires soon. I'm thinking of putting some BFG KDW's on the front and some BFG drag radials on back. I don't drive the car much (not in the rain unless I just happen to get caught) and on average, not on long drives. Is this a decent combo or should I go all four KDW? I just want something that will bite better but I'm concerned about the IRS if it happens to hook on a launch. I do have a brace on it.
i had street radial BFG KDW's 315/35/17's last year on the rear, and I thought they sucked ass. They were noisy as hell, made for a bumpy ride, and they didn't wear even at all. Not to mention they were a one sided, directional tire, meaning you can't rotate them ever.

I also had BFG KDW 275/40/17's on the front, and they were just as bad IMO, poor tread life, poor wear patterns, lots of road vibration and noisy as hell.

keep in mind my tires were street radials and not drag radials. you might be ok with drag radials.

just my 2 cents, i'd go with Nitto 555's all the way around.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I hate KDW's.... I don't know whay everyone jumped on the badwagon for them. My car had them on it when I bought it, and they were horrible IMO.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I hate KDW's.... I don't know whay everyone jumped on the badwagon for them. My car had them on it when I bought it, and they were horrible IMO.
I agree, the cheap ass Sumitomo's i have on the rear of mine right now are much better than the KDW's i had last year.

i about went nuts with all the road noise i got from the KDW's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was also looking into the Goodyear F1 D3 but they must think their is gold in them somewhere. The Nitto is what I'm thinking of going with. The NT01 looks like a good tire but I'm probably going 555 up front and 555RII on the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts