Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my mind made up to buy BFG Drag radials for my Mach 1, but now I'm starting to re-think that decision due to the limited 3000 - 5000 mile life-span of the BFG's.
So, for those that have used either the BFG's or the Nitto drag radials:

How many miles did you get from them before they needed to be replaced?

What were your 60' times with either tire?

I'm especially interested in hearing from anyone who has used Nitto's, then switched to BFG's (or vice versa.)

Example: Did you get 1.6 60' times with the BFG's, but only 1.8's - 1.9's with the Nitto's??
Or is the traction difference not that much?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bfg

I would have to say that I am a BFG fan they hook on my car much better then the nittos ever did.I have gotten 1.60s 60ft times with the bfs and only could muster a 1.895 with the nittos.The only down side is they dont last long at all but I buy them to hook and that is what they do. :banggears

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used the 17 inch Nitto DR's and IMO and theyre not much better than regular street tires. I like the BFG DR's but like you said they will wear faster, especially if your Stang is a daily driver..If where you live is proned to wet weather, I would be hesitant to get the BFG's..The Nittos are more forgiving in wet weather...DA snake boy!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts