Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my last best time of [email protected] was with bald nitto drags, off road h pipe, flowmaster catback, and morpheus power pipe. since then i have added MM IRS bushings, BFG drags (275/40/17) and the predator performance tune. i have not been to a dyno yet, so i dont know how much it improved, but i can definitely feel it in the mid range. these tires just hook, i ran a 1.95 60' on first run and a [email protected], next was 1.91 60' and a [email protected], then another 1.95 60' and a [email protected] i am still playing around with shift points and launch techniques with these tires. best launch was at 3000 rpms with a slight spin. i want to see if can run a 11.9 or 12.0 without doing a pulley, long tubes or throttle body.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
congradulations!! bfg's are great, they hook like a mutha fu-ka!! :)
you have alot left in your 60'. you didnt mention air pressure. my best results were with 15 lbs of air and a 4000 rpm launch. dont drop the clutch , just ride it out REALLY fast. i always cut low 1.80's with that technique and a 1.78 once. good luck and have fun!!! :banggears

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ran 20psi all 3 runs, not too much time to mess around at etown. i need to go to island or atco so i can get many runs in and try out different pressure and launch techniques. i dont drop the clutch i just slip it as fast as i can, and just let it rip. i need to get a better burnout, my rear end keeps sliding wheni do brake stands, i guess a line lock is needed.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
definately drop your tire pres. to 15 lbs. i got that tip from broke7 who's ripping off 1.60's in the 60' . and it worked perfectly. launch at 4000 and hold on cause your gonna go for a ride!!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I tried all different kinds of techniques with mine and found the 4000rpm slip method works awesome.

15psi is a good pressure for these, get em a tad hot with a decent burnout.

If the track prep is good that night gradually increase the launch rpm to 4200-4300. When I 60ft 1.64 I launched at 4400 I think.

Dont dump the clutch, it kills halfshafts, slip it out pretty hard.

Congrats on the new best

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow 4400, that has to be killer on the clutch. are you guys still on your stock clutches? i still have my stock clutch after 22k, and many, many run down the 1/4, and it is holding up perfectly. but once i start slipping the clutch at 4400, i can see that shortening the life of it drastically. thanks for all the help, will try that out next week.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
I think this is awesome, and I'm very happy for you and your gains. You apparently are too! Keep us informed on the progresses, bud.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i am still on my stock clutch. i have about 4400 miles on the car with prob 20-25 passes on the bfg's. still holding up fine . (knock on wood) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts