Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a thread on this already, but I wanted to start a new one with more detailed information.

I was taking with Jim D' Amore today. There is a very special 2003 Cobra event at the Fun Ford Weekend at Virginia Motorsports Park on June 28th and 29th.

Terminators will get a special class to run and receive magazine coverage, press, etc.

This is not a JDM event but rather a Ford event and the powers at Ford would very much like to see a large gathering of Terminator racers showing what their cars can do.

Jim D'Amore is the recipient of this information but wants to impress upon everyone that it will be a big day for Terminators. We can go and run...and run HARD. If you don't have a roll cage, you should still come and, you should not hold back. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Jim hopes to see all of the Terminator tuners out there - and the cars that represent them. That includes EVERYONE. It sounds like it will be worth it...and it sure would be nice to show Ford the respect that the modded 03 Cobra commands - not just by the big racers but by the average owners as well.

Here's a link for the schedule and the track:

http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/schedule.php

JDM can be contacted for help with hotel reservations.

Jim wanted me to convey a message about this event for him:

"I would like to see all tuners at this race. That means EVERYONE...every vendor involved with Terminator evolution. It is a very special 03 Cobra event by Ford. There's great prizes, great media coverage and much anticipation. Let's all go and show Ford what we are doing with the cars!"

G

·
Yeah I know....I talked to Jim yesterday about it...going to be awesome...I will be there with all three 03 Cobra's in my family.
So come on guys...it will be well worth it and a great chance to get your car in a magazine and be king of the hill.

Hot Rod Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Dark Shadow Grey Coupe(stock Eaton,trans,rear)
2003 Satin Silver Coupe(2.93,catback)
2003 Black Convertible (Kennebell w/solid axle)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sounds like great opportunity to show what these cars will do..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Man, you guys on the mainland SUCK! LOL Ya'll get to have all the fun.....I'm done whinning now!

·
Registered
182 Posts
03snake said:
Man, you guys on the mainland SUCK! LOL Ya'll get to have all the fun.....I'm done whinning now!
Sure, but let's see, would I rather live in Joisey, New Yawk or Hawaii . . . Now that's a tough choice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hammer, you mentioned that if we dont have a roll cage we should still come. Does that mean we will be aloud to run even if we don't have a cage? or is that something we are not sure of as of now?
Thanx
Matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Matt..IM Hammer or me

G

·
All will be fine Matt.......especially in a Coupe. This is an IHRA track and Ford is big into this one. Nuff said....dont want to ruffle feathers. I talked with Jim D'Amore for about an hour yesterday morning and this trip will be well worth it buddy.

Also you can call JDM at 732-780-0770 for Hotel Info and all.
Nitrous Pete is going and knows alot of whats going on too
PJ's 856-697-5254 Jim D'Amore has been great with all this....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just thought I would make an offer to show a little southern hospitality. I live about an hour from the track....just off I95....north of Richmond. I have a four car garage with a modest supply of tools and space for a few bodies to throw sleeping bags down if interested. Even if you just want to stop in, stage some gear or refuel....its all good. I just figure that for everything I have learned from you guys it would be the least I could do if it will help. If anyone has interest or questions shoot a PM.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts