Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well bridge racing talked me into getting the billet wheel GT47-88. My current motor setup is teksid block .20 over, 9.5 compression, ported heads, upgrade springs/retainers and bridge racing is doing me up some cams. im wanting to make a 1000rwhp thru my th400. What size injecters am i looking at running and will the stock computer setup support this? The fuel system is pretty much done. All magnafuel stuff with 750 pump. im not really worried about driving this car on the street. To be honest i hate driving it lol. But if for some reason i would like to take it to a local show or have some fun on the street, id like the option. Please share any info you have and what your opinions are on things. Thanks

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally useful info. Thanks fullblown. Will the stock ecu be able to control them injecters.the guys at bridge racing talked good thinks about your car.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
if buster's car did 1000rwhp with the gt4788 through a 4r70w on the stock motor I'd say you have a good chance of being able to do it with your setup :good: we'll have to see what I can do with your old kit!!

won't 80lb injectors do the job with more fuel pressure? might not leave room for growth, but I believe they would work. not sure how good those bigger high-impedance injectors are for tuning, haven't heard much about them

· Registered
709 Posts
I would not run 80's at that power. Why overdrive your injector? I ran the 120's with an aem injector driver on stock computer. It tuned out great. But fuel control at 1000rwhp and high rpm's with stock ecu is not easy. If you have the $ for a stand alone system is worth it. It's amazing how much better the throttle response and drivability is with it

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea true. Ive read on here somewhere with someone saying they tuned a set 120s with stock computer but couldnt find it again. I want 1000rwhp and im not gonna stop till i get it. It can come apart afterwards. Then ill build my boss block lol.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Im really leaning towarda the Bs3 or holley setup. Just sucks bc no more passing obd test.
haha you're really trying to go straight from the 11's to the 8's huh?

never thought about the obd test...how about registering the car in florida?

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That signature is old. Ive been in the 10s for a while. Just to lazy to update it. How did we get on the rod discussion. I appreciate the advice but the rods are the least of my worries.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
120's and stand alone.. you could probably get there with 80's running 50/60psi base pressure but you would be pretty well topping them out like said before. Im debating on this myself but i think im going to have a tranz issue with my little c4 before i get pin my injectors.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.