Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been contemplating a P/A for sometime now and decided to check one other option. Building up the engine and keeping it all motor. How to do this is the question, and will it be worth the $? I want to bore it 20-30 over with a good set of pistons, heads, cam and intake. That would probably be most of the motor work right? Then of coarse fuel pump, injectors and a new mass air meter. Am I leaving anything out? Oh and a centerforce or equivelant clutch to put the power to the rubber.

This is what I think of when trying to get the most out of my stang and keeping it all motor. I am looking to spend about 6K at the most, doing alot of the work on my own. Basically just the over bore and tuning the car would be the parts I need to pay for. Am I dreaming or could this be a reality for me? Thanks for any reply.

Last thing, how much can power could I get keeping it all motor? I would be happy with 350 rw knowing it would be ready for a P/A later on. I know, then a new tranny and rear end right? It never ends. Thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dude if you are looking to spend 6K on this project buy a bigbore motor from Livernoise motorsports, or Modular performance. Then get your heads done, some cams , and a bullit intake You would make awesome power and loose 85lbs by switching to the cobra block used in the big bores;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if I just bore out my stock block, and upgrade the rest of the stuff, how much do you think I would spend?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts