Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will dyno in the morning and tell you how it did. Not sure if I am going to keep the Gates belt.....my change back to the Gatorback.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Needing answers

I went to RSI to dyno, great bunch of guys there. Let me ask this question........How many of you guys really see 14 and above PSI from a 2.80 pulley?????????? If you see more I would like for you to tell me where your gauge is hooked up and if you ever hooked up an external guage to check that reading. I have been looking at this for some time now and hear of people getting 16, 17, lbs of boost from a 2.80......we hooked up an external to mine today and the best it would read is 13-14 max and drop off...........so lets hear how others are getting that much boost. No flame intented just need info..........................

:confused:

Attachments

G

·
Do you have the Nitrous Pete dump valve mod yet? Just wondering....It does help, atleast it did with my setup, even before my JDM 6 lb lower. I have a JDM upper 2.80. I am getting 20 lbs of boost now with a drop to about 17. But the 20 holds up till the high 5000 rpm range. But from 2,500 to 5700 rpms..the boost is just awesome!!! Get that 6 lb lower...you will love it!

With my 2.80 I was getting 14 to 15 normally....on a nice cold day I would get 16

Harry

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
My recommendation is don't use the Gatorback because it may stick in the grooves of the pulley. I spoke to Reichard and he said only use standard style belts. The gatorback isn't going to do anything. Those idlers look great, I got the standard 90mm stock style one. My belts still slipped with that but the RR pulley completely eliminated the slip. I think the idlers may be a waste with that pulley. I'm going to test it soon.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be glad when everyone gets back from racing, maybe get a few more answers to the" how much boost" question.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many lbs of boost with a 4 lb lower???? When do you need to change the Alt. pulley, and who makes the pullet for it. Who did your 6 lbs tune?????

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah I am interested in this as well, hopefully more will chime in, Chill what did your car dyno??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Combo !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts