Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am working with Billet Specialties to get a proper wheel fitment for the 05 and up Mustangs. With that being said we need a test car. We need someone who can take measurements, and help us with the fitment of the wheels. We ask that you are committed upon arrival of wheels to take measurements and check fitment in a timely manner. At the very minimum you will get the wheels at my cost, maybe even better. If we can't get them to fit for whatever reason(which I doubt) you send them back. If interested please e-mail me at [email protected]. Please note I will not be able to respond until Monday when I get back to work, first come first serve!

Thank You,

Derek

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hey Derek,

Is this a 15" x 10" wheel we are talking about?
Will this wheel be a dual purpose street/strip wheel?
What is the projected weight for the wheels?
What will they look like, cost?

I am currently running a set of old Weld Draglite XP 15" x 9" which fit without any modifications to the brakes but do not have enough negative offset to keep the wheels inside the fenders.
These dimensions can serve as a good starting point.
I was looking at ordering a set of Bogarts in the near futur so if this can move foreward fairly quickly this may be interesting.

Please PM me any additionl info.

Regards,

Peter

This is what the Welds look like with a 26" tire.
With a 28" tire there is contact.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I too have been talking with them about getting a set in the near future. I also sent them measurements of my 05 Mustang GT last week. I'll do it if you don't have anyone yet and take the measurements again. PM me if needed.
Larry

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Derek,

Is this a 15" x 10" wheel we are talking about?
Will this wheel be a dual purpose street/strip wheel?
What is the projected weight for the wheels?
What will they look like, cost?

I am currently running a set of old Weld Draglite XP 15" x 9" which fit without any modifications to the brakes but do not have enough negative offset to keep the wheels inside the fenders.
These dimensions can serve as a good starting point.
I was looking at ordering a set of Bogarts in the near futur so if this can move foreward fairly quickly this may be interesting.

Please PM me any additionl info.

Regards,

Peter

This is what the Welds look like with a 26" tire.
With a 28" tire there is contact.
Peter,

We are looking to get a 15x10 Wheel done, that is our goal.

Billet Specialties Wheels are designed for both Street and Strip.

Weight on these wheels is 9-15lbs depending on the size.

Here is a picture of them;

As for cost and more details send me an e-mail at [email protected].

I too have been talking with them about getting a set in the near future. I also sent them measurements of my 05 Mustang GT last week. I'll do it if you don't have anyone yet and take the measurements again. PM me if needed.
Larry
PM sent.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Please Lord let this work!!!! Please Lord let this work!!!! Please Lord let this work!!!! Please Lord let this work!!!!

Would a set of 17s provide more clearance for the brakes? If I weren't living in England currently I would galdly let you use my car! It is located in Virgina if you want to make the drive.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Peter,

We are looking to get a 15x10 Wheel done, that is our goal.

Billet Specialties Wheels are designed for both Street and Strip.

Weight on these wheels is 9-15lbs depending on the size.

Here is a picture of them;

As for cost and more details send me an e-mail at [email protected].

PM sent.
Hey Derek,

I also sent this to your email at the same time as I posted here.
Hopefully you received it there also.
My email is [email protected]
I'll send it again to be sure.

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
Good Luck. I called them to do this a year ago and he told me the market for the wheels wasnt big enough. I gope you get this done because i am in for a set for sure.. I could be the test car if im close enough.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Good Luck. I called them to do this a year ago and he told me the market for the wheels wasnt big enough. I gope you get this done because i am in for a set for sure.. I could be the test car if im close enough.
Keep your nose out of this I saw this first.:thongue2:
Besides you already have a set of Bogarts.

J/K

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will take a set as soon as they get them made for our cars, I don't have the time to measure and test fit them since I been working 90 hours a week.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I sent you a email about test fitting the rims for yall if you still need. I have a friend with a GT500 as well to see how they fit if you want, if they even could fit. He also have a lift in his garage so we can get measurments easy with the rim on the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I sent you a email about test fitting the rims for yall if you still need. I have a friend with a GT500 as well to see how they fit if you want, if they even could fit. He also have a lift in his garage so we can get measurments easy with the rim on the car.
rear brakes on a gt and gt500 are the same but as far as fitment ahhhhhh unless they are willing to redrill the f-body wheels they wont work without grinding and a spacer on the rear

·
Registered
133 Posts
When I talked to Billet Specialties last week they said alittle grinding & spacers would not be enough to make the wheels work the way they are currently made. Plus the rear wheels would stick out a 1/4" past the fender which would cause tire rubbing issues. They not long ago redid the wheels for the F Body cars and said they pretty much know what to do for a redesign on our 05 + Mustangs and are willing to do it. I faxed over fitment measurements to Derek at D'Agostinos earlier today on my 05 GT. I already had the numbers ,I just pulled the wheels again this morning to re-check the measurements. Hopefully they can get these done for us pretty quickly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I talked to Billet Specialties last week they said alittle grinding & spacers would not be enough to make the wheels work the way they are currently made. Plus the rear wheels would stick out a 1/4" past the fender which would cause tire rubbing issues. They not long ago redid the wheels for the F Body cars and said they pretty much know what to do for a redesign on our 05 + Mustangs and are willing to do it. I faxed over fitment measurements to Derek at D'Agostinos earlier today on my 05 GT. I already had the numbers ,I just pulled the wheels again this morning to re-check the measurements. Hopefully they can get these done for us pretty quickly.
well im sure if they redrill the new f-body wheels they will work for our rides but the fact they tack on a extra 100 bucks to the price to relocate the drop center pretty much sucks , but anyway yes the originals will work but it takes alot of grinding and spacers , i talked to someone who is running them already

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is it true that the later years calipers are alittle bigger than the 05's. I heard Ford made some changes which would explain why a few guys could get these to work with little grinding and spacers ,where as others were'nt even close. Your right that drop center area is the key change.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is it true that the later years calipers are alittle bigger than the 05's. I heard Ford made some changes which would explain why a few guys could get these to work with little grinding and spacers ,where as others were'nt even close. Your right that drop center area is the key change.
not really sure we brought that up a while back but never verified if it was true or not , and hell even if i would have to run a 1/4" spacer out back with the f-body style wheels i would go for it just for the fact i could drive to the track with them on we figured out which 8" wheels work but the tires i want to run require at least a 9.5" and im not dumping 400+ on boogies just to bend them on the way to the track

·
Registered
133 Posts
not really sure we brought that up a while back but never verified if it was true or not , and hell even if i would have to run a 1/4" spacer out back with the f-body style wheels i would go for it just for the fact i could drive to the track with them on we figured out which 8" wheels work but the tires i want to run require at least a 9.5" and im not dumping 400+ on boogies just to bend them on the way to the track
Yea with my N/A setup I want to stay with a 26" tire(275/50/15)M.T. I going thru the traps right at where I want to be. With that tire I can run a 8 or 9" wheel. Later when I do another motor I'll have to go bigger wheels & tires. It will sure be nice to have a set I can drive to the track on.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yea with my N/A setup I want to stay with a 26" tire(275/50/15)M.T. I going thru the traps right at where I want to be. With that tire I can run a 8 or 9" wheel. Later when I do another motor I'll have to go bigger wheels & tires. It will sure be nice to have a set I can drive to the track on.
You guys may be happy running 8"- 9" wheels with a 26" tire and a spacer but that is not an option for a correctly fitting wheel for an S197.
It must be able to fit a 10" wheel with enough offset to tuck a 28" -29" tire underneath without any contact to be able to get a large enough market share.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You guys may be happy running 8"- 9" wheels with a 26" tire and a spacer but that is not an option for a correctly fitting wheel for an S197.
It must be able to fit a 10" wheel with enough offset to tuck a 28" -29" tire underneath without any contact to be able to get a large enough market share.
oh no thump im with you thats why i said what i did i wouldn't mind running something like a 9.5 or even a 9.75 with a spacer but the wider the better im the same as most i need to run a 28" tire and not rip the fenders off lol

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Monday I will forward the information provided by Larry to Billet Specialties and go from there. Hopefully we will be able to send him a set out fairly quickly. Peter I will also be in contact with you.

I'll keep you guys updated!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts