Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the Idlers now. I know he had some problems in the beginning, but have they been addressed and working now? I was planning on buying them soon.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Doug took care of them right away..No Problems now..

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good I want to use his TB and idlers with the KB.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they've got different bearings now too.....much better than the stock spec and able to withstand very high rpm usage without losing their grease

·
Registered
459 Posts
2kbill said:
The new ones are fine and have 'lugnuts':

Don't the lugnuts go toward the engine.. so you don't see them? It probably doesn't matter, I didn't measure center line, just eyeballed it, they are after all only idlers.. I think from an asthetic (sp?) perspective lugs in looks better..

Jerry

G

·
No that would be backwards.....screws towards the front of the car...that is the finished 03 Cobra look side of the pulley that should be seen.

Harry

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do any of you guys have alittle play back in forth in the idlers?

Another words you grab the top of the pulley with or withouth the belt on, and try and pull and push the pulley back and forth. All 3 of mine have alittle "play" in it. They all seem to have the same amount of "play". I take it that this is normal?? :D

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
577 Posts
lugnuts???

Are we supposed to have gotten lugnuts with the idler sets? All I got was the idler sets themselves with the bearings in them. No bolts, no lugs, nada....is this normal?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fearbluer1 said:
Do any of you guys have alittle play back in forth in the idlers?

Another words you grab the top of the pulley with or withouth the belt on, and try and pull and push the pulley back and forth. All 3 of mine have alittle "play" in it. They all seem to have the same amount of "play". I take it that this is normal?? :D

Thanks,
Tim
it's normal and is, in fact, designed that way purposely....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: lugnuts???

SolidSnake said:
Are we supposed to have gotten lugnuts with the idler sets? All I got was the idler sets themselves with the bearings in them. No bolts, no lugs, nada....is this normal?
give Doug or Rick a call....you have a set of the original design of idlers

·
Registered
577 Posts
I got the idlers from Rick at Amazon about a month or so ago. I know he stopped selling the original sets of idlers due to the little problem they have been having....how do I tell the original sets from the new sets?

·
Registered
24 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I got the idlers from Rick at Amazon about a month or so ago. I know he stopped selling the original sets of idlers due to the little problem they have been having....how do I tell the original sets from the new sets?
what kind of bearings are they?

·
Registered
577 Posts
they say "NTN" on one side then something like 6203LUA on the other side of the bearing them selves......

·
Registered
24 Posts
well, the NTN bearings ARE the new ones...not sure what the deal is, I guess you need to call Rick :confused:

are there 5 threaded holes on the pulley face around the bearing ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yep, 5 holes going around the bearing...allen head screws in the holes....the only pulley that has a bolt is the idlers pulley itself attached to the idler....the other 2 are just the pulley

·
Registered
24 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Yep, 5 holes going around the bearing...allen head screws in the holes....the only pulley that has a bolt is the idlers pulley itself attached to the idler....the other 2 are just the pulley
OK, you're just missing the SS allen-head screws that go in there....hang on, I'm making a call for ya :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
JB, thanks alot for all your help...I have a dyno appointment and I would like to install these idlers this Wednesday......can we have them sent to my house like next day air or something so I can have them in time????? PM me, for my address and details......

·
Registered
24 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Yep, 5 holes going around the bearing...allen head screws in the holes....
miscommunication here....

the allen-head screws ARE the lugnuts....they were installed to provide added bearing retention...you're all set

the reason they're referred to as lugnuts is because the idlers were designed to look like an 03 Cobra wheel and the 5 screws look like "lugnuts"

for those who wish to put the screws in the rear (towards engine), that is acceptable as the pulleys are able to be mounted either way, but they are actually intended to be in the front

·
Registered
577 Posts
LOL, thanks for the time brotha....I appreciate it. I was just scared because we are at the zero hour here, my appointment is Wednesday, and I want to avoid a setback if possible. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts