Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 03 for about a month and due to the weather I have not been able to really clean it the way I wanna. When I took delivery, I took it as it came off the car carrier. It was killing me seeing it dirty but I know what those guys do to the paint.

Tonite I was wiping off the first coats of Zaino and noticed that the trim below the doors was different from the Passenger side to the drivers side. In fact I was walking back and forth looking in amazement. Get a load of this. My passenger side trim piece below the door is the same as the 03 brochure. The Drivers side is not. It is actually the same as the 01 cobra brochure. The 03 is kinda rounded but the 01 actually has a angle and a flat side.

My wife said that is Ford for ya and laughed. I gotta ask what the hell do you guys have? I am going to the local dealer and looking at the 2 they have in stock. Mine is January build. Wonder if the parts bin was empty?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Post a pic. This I gotta see.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
this is crazy over at the Mach1 Registery there is a guy complaining of his new mach having one Mach lower moulding and on the other side it has a Cobra lower moulding maybe he has your moulding!!!

G

·
Ok...this has me thinking....I went out in the garage to try and figure out what you are talking about....What molding? The rocker panel molding? I am lost as usual :)

Hot Rod(What no pictures in this book...not for me then)Harry

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 BAD COBRA said:
this is crazy over at the Mach1 Registery there is a guy complaining of his new mach having one Mach lower moulding and on the other side it has a Cobra lower moulding maybe he has your moulding!!!
Could be but the Mach is not available in Red Fire. Not sure if the molding is painted before or after it is on the car. I will have to look at the Mach and see what molding they are using.

Actually the 01 molding looks better. My wife thinks I should leave it. Hmmm me thinks she is crazy. Honestly you don't see it unless ya look...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
Ok...this has me thinking....I went out in the garage to try and figure out what you are talking about....What molding? The rocker panel molding? I am lost as usual :)

Hot Rod(What no pictures in this book...not for me then)Harry
Harry yea the rocker molding below your doors. On my 98 it is pretty pronounced. On the 03 is is very subtle. The 01 molding is bolder. WTF... I will post pics tomorrow when I bring the digital camera home...

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I remember back in 94 reading about 94 Cobras being built with Cobra wheels on one side, 17" Gt rims on the other. 94 Cobra emblem on one side, 93 Cobra emblem on the other (93's faced the other way). Lots of mixups. Consider your car "special" :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys

Remember that all the mustangs are built on the same line in Dearborn. I think that every 6th or 8th is designated as a Cobra or other specialty product.

I was in the plant on a tour last summer and it's very easy to have an incorrect part installed. The part bins sit right next to each other.

Hopefully when the switch to the new plant for the new platform occurs a majority of these issues will be resolved.

doc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Upon further inspection I have the GT, V6 molding on the driverside and the correct on the passengers side. Guess I will have to get it fixed.

Guys musta had a brain lapse when they were assembling.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
This is the sh*t that happens when they build to many different models on the same line. I have heard of other problems including wrong brakes and the inserts in the scoops behind the doors.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Didn't you read the BON BS. Turns out the rocker moulding problem was traced down to a smart ass robot playing tricks on the 03' owners. The funny thing about it is this robots brother was found to be the cause of the missed welds in the torque boxes on some of the Mustangs.

How about that a smart ass and a jack ass in the same robot family. Looks like it can happen to any family. :D :D

hahahahahah! Sorry.....had to do it. :p:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts