Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lighting MAF on my 2000 GT in a draw thru configuration with a MAFia installed. Is it possible to use it in a blow thru setup? Also, when converting to a blow thru setup, where do you put the IAT sensor? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Its possible, but the slot style mafs work WAY better for blow thru. If you leave the iat in the maf it should be fine in a blow thru application. You only need to move it with a draw thru application.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say way better, do you mean in regards to signal smoothness or how the transfer function works? On a Lmaf, the iat is not a part of it but rather is plugged into a rubber coupler that connets my power pipe to the maf. In a blow thru setup, does the IAT get mounted before or after the maf? Does it matter?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
signal quality. Jumpy maf counts make a car drive like poo. The IAT should be where it sees actual boosted air temps, post IC.

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
I ran the LMAF in blow though for over a year. Drivablity was perfect. Single quality was A1. Range, not so much. For the basic blown GT, 10psi stock motor kinda deal, the setup works well and is cheap to boot. I had the have the MAFia at setting 4 but read around 850 or so ad counts on SCT livelink. Moving the MAF from the bigger housing to the smaller housing, you will loose range. But if you are making alot more then a regular supercharged GT. When I upgraded to the D1, I put in an HPX meter. I just out grew the combo. Worked well though. So, if you are over 400hp, then it wont work for you.

Jumpy Maf counts are only from a crappy MAF install. Although, some mafs are more or less sensative to installation. I could clock my MAF a full 360 with zero change in reading. I had it mounted in almost a 2 foot straight section of pipe.

My IAT with tapped for the plenum. Measured exactly what was going into the motor. I tapped the old EGR port. A 3/8 NPT tap threads perfectly which is the required size for the lightning IAT.

·
Registered
492 Posts
would it hurt to run a lmaf right now even though mine isn't charged yet. i hate upgrading somethin that i just bought. my maf is givin out on me right now. so i need another hence y i was lookin at the lmaf for future upgrades

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the HPX. I'm switching from a V-2 to a YSI so this Lmaf probably will not work for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.