Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after finding oil im my throttle body and inside my intake under the supercharger i decided to eliminate the PCV vale and the other hose on the pass side valve cover that goes on the intake tube, at first i had breathers but the fumes would get inside the car so i tried a different system , so i got a oil catch can inside the pass side fender and i ran some hose to the valve covers with some fancy pluming you know to make it look good , well long story short the fumes are still there actually it seams worst than before, now i was thinking to run the hoses all the way back to where my rear 02 sensors were installed so the fumes go right out of my exhaust , is this possible ???? or is there to much pressure in the exhaust to properly evacuate crankcase pressure??? i have JBA mids with 3'' H pipe and 3'' cat back all JBA. any help will be appreciated . Thanks guys.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the hoses are routed to the catch can inside the pass side fender , before i had braethers but was having the same problem so i constructed this setup trying to eliminate the fume odor.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Your stock PCV is the best system to do away with the vapors, and its better for your motor since it helps keep the blowby out of the oil. You could try using a oil seperator inline with you PCV system. I would never go without PCV on a street car, i have seen sludge build up before because of a plugged or removed PCV. Some guys here will tell you different, this is just my .02 based on personal and professional experience.

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
i was thinking to run the hoses all the way back to where my rear 02 sensors were installed so the fumes go right out of my exhaust , is this possible ???? or is there to much pressure in the exhaust to properly evacuate crankcase pressure
This sounds like a good idea if it will work.

·
Registered
839 Posts
hey buddy,mount the catch can under the air filter so the fumes that come out of it are sucked back in to the engine.see if that makes it better at least.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just went with the JLT prefilters and left it plumbed as it is stock. This greatly reduces the blow by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts